Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Just went from a 20gal to a 90gal. WOW.

Started by warr0088, March 02, 2008, 07:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warr0088

Well to add to the mess of trying to set-up my first saltwater nano, a family friend has just sold us this 90gal. 

http://www.usedottawa.com/classified-ad/5079567&category=aquariums-fish

Can't really beat the price, and the best part is we have a knowledgable source whenever we need it!  I don't know how were going to move it, lol, but I sure can't wait!

I am wondering though, calcium reactors, are they necessary?  This tank has been running for a few years without any problems, so I suppose it really shouldn't matter!

sniggir

right on good to hear, have fun with your new adventure
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

warr0088

Ya thanks, I appreciate all the info. on my other post for the 20gal  too!

Cheebs

Calcium reactors definitely aren't necessary, but they are awesome additions.  Most people that don't use one does calcium instead, but a reactor is definitely a plus.  That looks like a fun system, good luck with it :)

groan

redbelly

warr0088

Yeah thanks everyone, transporting will take place in the Spring when temps are warmer, I'll get some pics posted later in the Spring!