Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

WHATS THIS NUMBER 2!!

Started by char0434, March 10, 2008, 06:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

char0434

Hey guys thanks for you help on the last topic! I dont really have a picture for this one but on many of my rocks i have small tenticals sticking out there whitw with black bands and normally there are 3 tenticlas per whatever it is... and there are qhite a few i dont thik there doing any harm but it would be nice to know what they are considering there are so many

:)

Adam

groupie02

redbelly

Peppermint shrimp will clear your probelm up right away.

char0434

kennyman

sort of like this?

[attachment deleted by admin]

angelfreak

yup thats them I also have these, Our rock came from the same source. What is it?

kennyman

As best as I can tell they are "Micro Serpent Stars". They don't grow much bigger than a nickle and do not hurt anyone.

char0434

yeah thats exactly them! micro stars eh hmm thats pretty awesome. maybe the ones u have found scott have just come out of hiding?

angelfreak

no I have mini stars as well there different

kennyman

Yea the mini stars tend to look like blop. I had a picture of one in the forum here a short while ago. But these little serpent stars have a tiny body with long skinny leggs. I found a lot of FAq posts about people thinking they were baby serpent stars but the powers-that-be say many of the 2000 or so speices of serpent stars are tiny little doods like the one in my photo.

char0434

Well ill trade you! lol My asptasia for your awesome lil starguys! I think i got the short stick :(

char0434

angelfreak

here is a pic of what the mini star looks like, I found in my sump and my tank. And the tentacles sticking out of your rock Adam is the mico serpent stars

[attachment deleted by admin]

char0434

Vallely4

Hmm! very neat i've got one little guy like yours angelfreak in my tank.
Can't see everything from your pic, but mine's an orange-reddish star, 6legged
He came along on a frag into my tank.

char0434

You guys are soooo lucky! I want a sand sifting star.

groupie02

I don't know if my brain is playing tricks on me but I could have sworn that the original post was about aiptasia. That's why I recommended peppermint shrimp.

What you describe is tiny serpent stars (or other related stars). They are OK to have in your tank. I introduced 3-4 of them which were really small, less than 1/4". I now have tons of them everywhere in my tank. Some of them are over 2" long.

char0434

lol that was my other post "WHATS THIS??"

buy yeah, i guess thats what we got, becasue there are literally tons of them.

char0434

AdamN

yup, they are stars, I have found tons of them in my tank over the months.