Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Post Deleted??

Started by saltynewb, July 14, 2008, 06:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saltynewb

I recently posted a "LF Occasional Babysitter" Thread.... I think it has been deleted with no reason why.

Could you please let me know?

Thanks!
Andrew

Darth

I would assume since you posted in the classified section, the classified section as far as my knowledge in concerned is for fish related items only, and since you were neither buying or selling a fish related item I assumed it was deleted, if you were a member you could have posted it in the ovas lounge. You may ask why do you have to be a member to post there, and I would say, membership has it's privileges, not only do you help support the club, but you get a few small perks as well.

At least this is what I assume, not being a member of the decision making team. This would be my opinion

Nerine

well said Darth!

the classified section is ONLY for aquatic related items. unless you were looking for a babysitter for your tank...
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

saltynewb

very friendly site you have going on here  :)

beowulf

Quote from: Darth on July 14, 2008, 07:07:52 PM
I would assume since you posted in the classified section, the classified section as far as my knowledge in concerned is for fish related items only, and since you were neither buying or selling a fish related item I assumed it was deleted, if you were a member you could have posted it in the ovas lounge. You may ask why do you have to be a member to post there, and I would say, membership has it's privileges, not only do you help support the club, but you get a few small perks as well.

At least this is what I assume, not being a member of the decision making team. This would be my opinion

That is very likely is the reason.  Over a year ago the executive at the time decided that something on the site would be members only and the lounge and the galleries are what was decided on.

beowulf

Quote from: saltynewb on July 14, 2008, 07:27:56 PM

Nice sarcasm.   ::)

Darth

Why is it we must throw a "tantrum" when things do go the way we want, not for nothing the classified forum states exactly what it is. Why is it that if it does not suit your needs you need to post negativity. If I were to come to your house, and your rule was to remove my shoes, how would you feel if I just thought, well that isn't very good, and trampled all over your house with my shoes. I would assume you would not take too kindly to it, and ask me to remove my shoes or to please leave. It's no different here, there are rules, I read your posts, and read that you were told your post might be deleted, and then you ask why it was deleted? The answer was given. There are those of us who paid for a membership to be able to post "other" requests in the lounge, and if you would like that privelage, then please by all means buy a membership. But don't crap on the place because you can't get in. Just because you can get into the lobby, you still need a ticket to see the show!

saltynewb

hmmm ... WOW  ... I guess that just fortified my sarcastic statement.

I understand why it was deleted. I DID quote the description of the classified section in my original post CLEARLY stating how I was wrong in posting there.

I do thank those who were helpful in my search.

Thanks again for helping a single father who doesn't get out much!!

saltynewb

very friendly members you have going on here  :)

I fixed my previous post... I apologize and I should not have been hating on the site. OVAS IS a great community.

woodendude

Try a repost with "looking for an sitter for my fish"

RoxyDog

Quote from: saltynewb on July 14, 2008, 08:50:33 PM
I fixed my previous post... I apologize and I should not have been hating on the site. OVAS IS a great community.

Yes, it is.  We strive to make this forum and our club as friendly, helpful and fun as possible.  But alas, we still need rules, and we do ask that you play by them.  8) 

Thanks for your understanding, and I hope you did indeed find a sitter as every parent deserves a chance to get out and have some fun.  :)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Fishnut

This may partly be my fault.  I said if something were to be done with the post he would get a PM about it.  Sorry  :-[