Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Coralife light won't turn on

Started by KLKelly, August 05, 2008, 10:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLKelly

Our coralife quad light over our 15 gallon nano isn't working.  The fans are working.  Any ideas?

Do these lights only last six months?

BigDaddy

It shouldn't... but you may have a bad bulb.  Is the unit itself only 6 months old?

KLKelly

I bought it a couple of months before we set up the aquarium - so I think I bought it end of November.

dan2x38

Quote from: BigDaddy on August 05, 2008, 11:13:06 AM
It shouldn't... but you may have a bad bulb.  Is the unit itself only 6 months old?

One burned out bulb would only affect all the tubes if it was wired in serial? Kerrie call Tech Support they are a good company.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

KLKelly

Its a wierd light.  I'll call support now.

Thanks.

KLKelly

Of course none of the numbers in the papers in the box work.

Any ideas what the support number is?  One of the numbers the lady gave me is 800-255-4527 which doesn't work.

This is frustrating.

dan2x38

Sorry I looked online I couldn't find the number... :( Maybe call BA online customer support they might be able to help or give a number?
Voltaire:

KLKelly

Re: coralife tech support

I found this post on nano reef and called this number and actually they put me through to Rob anyhoo.
Rob Moneyhan

Central Aquatics

Product Lines Tech Support Lead

Phone# 1-800-255-4527 or 1-414-423-8544 ext. 1215

Fax# 1-800-398-0396 or 1-414-421-4195

He said from the kent marine website that the emails go directly to him.

He actually was very pleasant to talk to and I told him I would put feedback on here for everyone.  It was a great experience.  The bulbs are all white (no black) so he thinks its a ballast and will be sending one out under warranty.

Thanks for the suggestion on calling them.

dan2x38

She shots she scores... ;) congrats! Hold on to that number!
Voltaire:

KLKelly

I posted the number on here with key words in case any one needed it in the future - save them some time : )

I think we'll buy a bulb for it too in case that ever goes we won't have to wait days for it to be delivered when we need it.

BigDaddy

Yeah, Coralife support is pretty good

I bought a USED 36 inch PC light and then fans had died.  They replaced 'em for me for free, even though I wasn't the original buyer