Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Do i hear field trip - LOL

Started by charlie, September 10, 2008, 09:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

BigDaddy

I would love to go to this.  I have no problem renting a luxury vehicle for the drive down and sharing gas and hotel accommodations.

On top of that... I have no problem driving the whole trip in one stint.  I've done the Florida drive before and its no big deal for me.

Jeff1192

Ooooooooh how sweet would that be. But I think ditching my wife, our 4yr old and at that point 4 month old would not go over well!

Oh well....maybe next year!
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

charlie

Quote from: BigDaddy on September 10, 2008, 09:16:52 AM
I would love to go to this.  I have no problem renting a luxury vehicle for the drive down and sharing gas and hotel accommodations.

On top of that... I have no problem driving the whole trip in one stint.  I've done the Florida drive before and its no big deal for me.
So would i, it would be great if we can get a few planted folks to pool & share expenses - any takers  ;). this would be like Xmas in Nov.

Fishnut

I would LOVE to go!  The flight is $600, then hotel, then food, then everything conference related :o. Adds up...PLUS AUCTION MONEY!! :D

If someone is willing to do a majority of the driving, I would be up for chipping in on gas, etc.

The question is...could we stand each other for 20 hours in the car?! ;D

charlie

Wow. looks like we only need 3 more geeks & this could become a realty ( Xmas in Nov.), just think about it folks, the opportunity to see & listen Amano, Karen Randall,Michael Kane & Jeff Senske ,plus visit the Atlanta aquarium in one weekend WOW

Fishnut

So what's happening with this trip?  Any more takers?

Brine

Anyone have  a ballpark figure for this? Say shared cost of the rental and accommodations not including food and whatever one might spend on auctions and extras. It is likely out of my price range but if it is close to what I can afford I can stretch some stuff to try to do it.