Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Thanks for the Info

Started by smalltownfan, October 18, 2008, 09:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smalltownfan

Several weeks ago I helped my daughter set up her 20 gallon. Things seemed to go well but then the water became cloudy and wouldn't clear, even with numerous water changes. Store clerks advice - add water clarifier. My son had told me about this site so I checked it out. I took the advice regarding used filter media and tried it, even though several people were sceptical. It worked, results were almost overnight.
I now have a 90g and over the next few weeks will be setting it up. I am surprised at the hours I have been on-line reading, getting ideas finding information through the links. You can be assured I will be asking questions instead of taking chances trying to figure things out. Thanks
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

Vizerdrix

It's so nice to hear positive feedback like this!  Thanks for the compliments on the site and it's people!  We will certainly be here for you to help out when you get your 90g set-up!  Do you know what type of fish you will put in it yet?

smalltownfan

I'm leaning towards African Cichlids so I have lots of research to do yet. And trying to get used to the Latin names. How do you guys rattle the names off so easily?

Hank

I'm planning to go to next Mondays meeting to put some faces with the usernames.
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

Vizerdrix

I just got into Africans myself. :)

As for the names, well, I know *I* can't pronounce some of them!  ;D

Glad to hear you'll be at the meeting!  I'm the treasurer for the club, so I'll be the one sitting behind the cash box. ;)  Although you won't really be able to put a "face to the name" as I'm dressing up for Hallowe'en!  I usually look much better than I will that night!  ;D

celamllmal

The cichlid names, talk to me about it! 
I recently set-up both a Malawi and Tanganyika tank and the names get me all the time. 
They remind me of pharmaceutical names and make it very difficult for me to hold an intelligent conversation with those cichlid connaisseurs.
It does get easier with time!