Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Aquarium Magazines?

Started by fischkopp, October 22, 2008, 02:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fischkopp

I know that - thanks to the internet - we can read about everything online. But once in a while I just like to browse in good old paper. :)

What magazines are available for subscription in Canada?
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

RoxyDog

I just got my mom a subscription to this for Christmas.  :)

http://www.tfhmagazine.com/
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Jeff1192

I got that one for Christmas last year and I really like. I'll definitely be renewing it.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

gonzobluefuzz

"Freshwater And Marine Aquarium" is one I read periodically (sorry I couldn't resist  ;D  I can hear the groans from here :D).  IMO It's not as glitzy as TFH but informative none the less.

http://www.fishchannel.com/fama_portal.aspx

Three other aquaria related publications are also available from the same publisher at this site but I am not familiar with them.  Perhaps someone else could chime in .

BTW "Mags and Fags" on Elgin (couple or so blocks north of Jack Purcell rite beside the rotten ronnies/mickey Dees) usually has both FAMA and TFH. That's where I get mine.

HTH,
Gord

Nerine

If you're interested, I have a lot of old issues of FAMA, Tropical Fish, and something else which I can't remember lol I can bring them to the meeting and you can have them...there's about a dozen or so magazines. and then you can keep/pass them on to someone else!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

fischkopp

Thanks everybody for your suggestions! :)

Nerine, I would love to take a look into one of each to get an idea. (one is good - I don't want to want to carry to much home ;) )
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

Montrealguy

Along with TFH and FAMA, there's Aquarium Fish Magazine. It's aimed more at beginner/moderately experienced aquarists, but has good articles by excellent writers. It also shows up in the magazine sub package deals that schools and daycares offer as fund-raising exercises. All three are good mags.

davemaria

Quote from: Montrealguy on October 24, 2008, 05:07:45 PMIt also shows up in the magazine sub package deals that schools and daycares offer as fund-raising exercises. All three are good mags.

Speaking of those, does anyone's kids have any from school? I used to subscribe a few years back but for computer magazines. The deals are good and the selection. Im looking for subs for Reptile and Aquarium fish.

thanks