Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Need Ammonia

Started by smalltownfan, October 30, 2008, 07:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smalltownfan

I want to start fishless cycling this weekend on the 27g bowfront and th e90g. I have the information from the Tank Setup page but I can't find ammonia! I went to the local Home Hardware and the Independent and I can't find any. Everything is GREEN and FRIENDLY! Any particular brand I should be looking for?
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

Jeff1192

Home Hardware usually stocks a brand called Old Country (I think) and it's just ammonia. I'm in Vars. If you want some I still have quite a bit. I could give you some. Let me know. Might be easier than trying to find it.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

smalltownfan

Thanks for the info and the product name, went to HH today and got a bottle. When I went Thursday there was another product in front of it and I didn't see it. Asked for it by name and the clerk pointed it out. $1.79 a litre
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

celamllmal

Personally, I have never used products/chemicals. 
I have started most of my tanks with a hardy fish; and the fishless one I started were by introducing a small piece of raw fish or just a teaspoon of fish food.  Good luck.