New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Presentation for the Nov. 24 th meeting @ OUR NEW LOCATION

Started by charlie, November 04, 2008, 09:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishycanuck

So it went well? I've been to several meetings in that room at Dulude, the acoustics were awful. Maybe it has been improved  ???

washefuzzy

acoustics still suck. I had to move up at the meeting so I could here but the room itself is great.

dan2x38

I have a hearing issue in my left ear it is only 60%-70%. Even with Frankie's accent was able to hear almost everything he said. Yes tha ccoustics are crappy but I had a hard time hearing Anthony Calfo and he had no accent. Really like the new place for sure. Now if they only had padded seats those chairs are killer on my back but still better than JP's were.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Basile

Quote from: dan2x38 on November 26, 2008, 10:28:57 PM
I have a hearing issue in my left ear it is only 60%-70%. Even with Frankie's accent was able to hear almost everything he said. Yes tha ccoustics are crappy but I had a hard time hearing Anthony Calfo and he had no accent. Really like the new place for sure. Now if they only had padded seats those chairs are killer on my back but still better than JP's were.

I agree about the chairs, if we're going to have some 3h meeting with Frankie, we need better chairs. A good auditorium would be nice.Maybe at woodroof college they could part with one at night time or sunday afternoon.They have good auditorium,accoustics , and equipment if we need some.

mseguin

Cost is the biggest issue with most auditoriums, as many are not cheap to rent. If someone has a hookup with a location like that, then let us now, but Dulude suits our needs nicely in terms of location, cost, room size, etc.

fishycanuck

In the meantime, bring a "sit-upon" or grow a larger bum.

Tsukiyomi-sakura

What about asking woodroffe High school, They have a good sound system and the such, I could talk with the Principal about it (was my home school now I am being transfered back)

It's also located right near Lincoln Fields bus station.

dan2x38

I was just kidding about the seating.... the whole place is great there... I was pointing out the accoustics were actually not as bad as JP.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

washefuzzy

We have a contract for a year at the new place and it is very reasonable. The reason I was provable having trouble hearing at the back was because I was very near the back doors and was getting the noise from the hallway. When I moved up I heard fine.