Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS Christmas Party

Started by Vizerdrix, November 17, 2008, 06:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vizerdrix

Hello everyone!

As much as some of us don't want to admit it, it's that time of the year again! :)  So without further ado, here are the details for this year's OVAS Christmas Party:

Date: Saturday, 13th of December

Time: Starting at 7 pm

Who is invited: All OVAS members and spouse/date, children over 10 welcome

Planned activities:  Socializing, fun, a gift exchange (bring a gift worth about $5 if you want to participate), music, tank watching, food, and pinball (yes, we have a pinball arcade! :D )

This event is a potluck, so please feel free to bring something to share with everyone!  Soft drinks and juices will be provided by OVAS.  NO ALCOHOL please.

Please let me know here or by PM if you will be attending and what, if anything, you will be bringing.  Hope to see you all out!

ps, I do have cats but I will be doing a major "decattification" of the house prior to the party, and they will be in the uptairs bedroom for the duration.  If you are allergic, bring some antihistamines. :)

washefuzzy

I will come. I will let you know what I bring a little closer but it will be food and maybe even something for the cockatiels.  ;)

bitterman

I won't be coming as both my kids are under 10 and not as much fun to come without my wife, also the cats will literally kill me.

Bruce

Nerine

ah darn, didnt even see that....count us out then.
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Vizerdrix

That's too bad about the people allergic to cats, but I was expecting that.  I too am allergic to them but have built up a partial immunity to my own.

Tsukiyomi-sakura

I believe me and my mom Will be going, I am allergic to cats but most of my allergies has worn off, it's now more of a touch allergie.

What about deserts? Mom will bring a food dish but she loves to bake so prepare for some goodies too!

Vizerdrix

That sounds great!  And deserts are always appreciated.  I will probably make a big pot of chili. :)  Oh, and since I have a bread machine, a few loaves of bread.

Blackstitch

I will most likely try to come. That is if I can get off work early. Yes, I`m working that day until 7, which sucks big time, but I will work on my boss to let me leave early that day to come. I will most likely be bringing a dessert of some kind.

Vizerdrix

Fishnut

Sorry Viz, I'm out.  Cats and my allergies make for a miserable night.

dan2x38

If my wife is finished her companies Christmas supper we will come. There dinner is at Baton Rogue starting at 5pm - eat exchange gifts and then all done how long can that take? LOL It is a daycare just the girls are attending Latios & I aren't invited...  >:( We will bring a homemade holiday cheese log and/or pumpernickel spinach dip.

PS- no heavy black bags  ;)  ;D ::)
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Tsukiyomi-sakura

Is anyone near Fisher by hog's back? Mom is snow blind and won't be able to drive me, If we could get a ride there and back that would be awesome.

dan2x38

We can't make the Christmas party our sitter fell through.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Vizerdrix

Don't forget folks!  The OVAS Christmas Party is TOMORROW!!!

All members are welcome, and I'm making a huge pot of chili! >:D

PM me if you need directions, and hope to see you!

Nerine

aww sounds like the party will be fun!

sorry to hear that about your sitter dan :(
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats

Nerine

sooo......no pictures from the party?.....

Brine

I didn't make it out. Who did? and was it a good time? Did you play lots of pinball? Lots of goofy fun? and ya .....pics please

washefuzzy

I love pinball and wasn't able to get there. What a shame.  :'(

Tsukiyomi-sakura

beowulf