Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Critter jungle

Started by Tsukiyomi-sakura, December 10, 2008, 02:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsukiyomi-sakura

Went to critter jungle because I hear they have started SW, so far just a few pounds of LR peppermint shrimp and damsels, but a good start none the less and they give us a discount. ;D

stardrop

Greetings all

First post here..I"m the person she was talking to at Critter Jungle.  We have started a small marine setup and are planning on building on it, but we're taking it slow for now.  I've been bitten by the bug myself and have started a SW 29g biocube and am taking it slow as well.

Would anyone like to trade some live rock or frags for a toadfish hitchhiker? 

Cheers
Heather

gauthier613

charlie

Tsukiyomi-sakura

If it were not for having a shrimp and small gobies in my 30 gallon I would take him, For anyone that might want him Just remember this is a super predator fish.

Tsukiyomi-sakura

Rather ugly but cool.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tsukiyomi-sakura

Apparently they will chew on something until they decide it's not food, Glad I spotted him on the rock so someone didn't buy it and take him home without knowing, I know If I took him home IN ether tank he would have eaten about 100$ or more in livestock.

percula99

Glad to hear Critter Jungle is getting back into salt water. They used to have quite a bit of really good stuff several years ago, but Ian left (I beleive to work at Campbell Ford) and CJ got out of the business. I still have my Boulder Coral (that's what they called it). It is a Favia that was the size of a baseball when I bought it and it is now ten inches across. I hope they get back to the level they were at, in time, because they were definitely worth a stop.
180 gallon reef. 250 lbs live rock. Mostly LPS and softies with some SPS. Show fish are Blonde Naso, Emperor Angel, mated Ocellaris clowns. 504 watt LEDs..

stardrop

Thanks for the great compliments.  Ian still works at the store, but he's decided to only do Saturdays for now.  We will both be there Saturday, drop by and chat him up...I"m sure he'd love it!

percula99

Heather, what is set up at Critter Jungle roght now? How many tanks, what is in them, and are there any firm plans for expansion? Thanks.
180 gallon reef. 250 lbs live rock. Mostly LPS and softies with some SPS. Show fish are Blonde Naso, Emperor Angel, mated Ocellaris clowns. 504 watt LEDs..