Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hey guys i need your advices

Started by NjOyRiD, December 30, 2008, 02:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NjOyRiD

how ya doin guys!

I'd like some advices regarding my tank, there is nothing wrong with it, but maybe there is room for improvments.
So I,ll be posting what i have, what i feed etc etc
if you have any comments, go ahead!

29g Biocube
1.2WPG of lights
1x Tunze nanostream 6025 pump
1x Koralia nano

30 lbs of live rock
aroganite sand

Blue leg Hermits x ??
Fighting Conch x1
Nassarius Snail x3
Scarlet Reef Hermit x?
cleaner Shrimp X1
Blood Shrimp X1
Emerald Mitrhax crab x1
Yellow feather Duster
Electric Blue Leg hermitX1
lots of snails

Frogspawn
Green Stripe Mushrooms
Hammer coral
Blue mushroom
Toadstool leather
Orange Ricordea
Ice Blue Clove colony
Blue polyps
Torch Coral
Aussie Duncan
Moon Coral
Aussie Acan
Blue Ricordea
orange Plate
Alveopora

Royal Gramma Basslet
yasha hase goby
Azure Damsel
Bicolour Blenny
Black & White Ocellaris
Firefish goby

My lights are on 4-10
I feed them mysis shrimp every day
i put half a cup of phyto
i use tropic marin salt

what kind of additives i could put it? and why?
thanx for the help
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

nissannx

I am assuming you have power compacts? 50/50 bulb? You might not have enough light for some of those, someone else will chime in im sure. Also i just started a nano myself, i have a reef already and wanted to try a smaller version and i picked up the mexican redlegs instead of he blue legs this time. My blue legs in my main tank are super agressive and destroy my snail population. might want to give that a try

NjOyRiD

my tank has been running for 6 months, corals loks okay, growing too
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

kennyman

Watch your calcium. If the stony(true) corals start to grow they will be removing calcium from the water at a notable rate.

If else else is working well enjoy the sweetspot while you have it :)

NjOyRiD

whats the lvl of calcium i should have?
370g System

jpuncher

I would add more pumps to your tank. I have a 29G Oceanic Biocube and have two Koralia pumps in mine - a 1 and a 2 - and still have some cyano issues due to not enough water movement. I found that a nano did not give any circulation at all when you have a good 30lbs of LR in the tank and lots of corals.

kennyman

RossW

Quote from: NjOyRiD on December 30, 2008, 10:07:30 PM
whats the lvl of calcium i should have?

I found this article very informative and I based my parameter ranges on it:
http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-05/rhf/index.php

audioslave_36

Quote from: RossW on January 01, 2009, 08:32:57 AM
I found this article very informative and I based my parameter ranges on it:
http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-05/rhf/index.php

wow that answers a lot of questions for me too. :)

NjOyRiD

what about additives, do i need any?

[attachment deleted by admin]
370g System

RossW

Quote from: NjOyRiD on January 01, 2009, 09:06:07 PM
what about additives, do i need any?

What do you mean by additives?

You will likely need one or all of calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium depending on the salt you chose, how often you do water changes, and what you keep in the tank.

Personally, I went with a Two Part Kit from http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/Two-Part-Kits/c52/index.html and am loving it.  It allows me to seperatly maintain calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium for a very reasonable cost.  They provide a calculator which I found very useful for helping me top up.  If I know my tank volume and what my current reading is, I can figure out, almost, exactly how much solution to add to bring it back up to where I want it.  I have been maintaining a spreadsheet so I can track my depletion, and top ups, over time.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/i6/Calcium-and-Alkalinity-Calculator./information.html