Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

This month`s feature speaker ( Jan 26 th 2009)

Started by charlie, January 07, 2009, 05:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Hi Folks, the club is pleased to have Mr. Jeff Mountjoy as our feature speaker this month, Jeff is a long time hobbyist having kept numerous tanks & species of fish, he is currently with the Martin Mills company whose specialty business is animal nutrition, as such Jeff will be sharing his knowledge of fish nutrition with us, be it cat fish, marine fish, cichilds , gold fish or whatever fish they all need proper nutrition.
See you all there on Mon. Jan. 26th 7.00 PM @J.A. Dulude Arena - Mel Baker Hall, located at 941 Clyde Avenue.

dan2x38

Sounds good very interesting topic Charlie awesome job! Looking forward to it.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

washefuzzy

charlie

A more in depth bio of our Jan. speaker.

Jeff Mountjoy is a sales representative for Martin Mills Inc., a diversified family-owned nutrition business in Elmira, Ontario, Canada. Martin Mills have been manufacturing quality fish and pet foods for over 30 years. For 15 years Jeff has been actively involved in all aspects of product development, sales and marketing of their products and most recently designed their first retail fish food under the PROFISHENT brand.
   Fish keeping and aquaculture have always been of passionate interest to Jeff. In spite of a busy schedule he manages to find time at home to maintain a few large aquaria of cichlids and catfish to the delight? of his wife Leanne and their 3 children. Due to allergies there are no dogs and cats in the Mountjoy home so wet pets rule! This "fish guy" of Martin Mills enjoys meeting fish hobbyists to share our experiences and hopefully learn something from each other so we can all become the best fish keepers possible. Our fish deserve it!

[attachment deleted by admin]

dan2x38

Will Jeff be bringing any of his products to sell?
Voltaire:

charlie

Quote from: dan2x38 on January 12, 2009, 10:37:27 PM
Will Jeff be bringing any of his products to sell?
Jeff will be bringing some products to donate to the mini auction.

dan2x38

Quote from: charlie on January 13, 2009, 05:58:10 AM
Jeff will be bringing some products to donate to the mini auction.
Is there a website regarding his food?
Voltaire:

Sue

woof99

charlie

Quote from: charlie on January 12, 2009, 12:45:53 PM
A more in depth bio of our Jan. speaker.

Jeff Mountjoy is a sales representative for Martin Mills Inc., a diversified family-owned nutrition business in Elmira, Ontario, Canada. Martin Mills have been manufacturing quality fish and pet foods for over 30 years. For 15 years Jeff has been actively involved in all aspects of product development, sales and marketing of their products and most recently designed their first retail fish food under the PROFISHENT brand.
   Fish keeping and aquaculture have always been of passionate interest to Jeff. In spite of a busy schedule he manages to find time at home to maintain a few large aquaria of cichlids and catfish to the delight? of his wife Leanne and their 3 children. Due to allergies there are no dogs and cats in the Mountjoy home so wet pets rule! This "fish guy" of Martin Mills enjoys meeting fish hobbyists to share our experiences and hopefully learn something from each other so we can all become the best fish keepers possible. Our fish deserve it!

There is a open invitation for anyone who wish to join our guest speaker for supper prior to the meeting, it will be at the Swiss Chalet located at Kirkwood & Carling @ 5.30 PM, see you there.
Regards

charlie

Here are some candid shots from our Jan. 26 th meeting, we were honoured to have Jeff as our featured speaker sharing his knowledge of fish nutrition to the 50+ members in attendance, members were treated to some pond & gold fish food of which Jeff was instrumental in formulating @ Martin Mills( Thanks Jeff)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hookup

Looks like a good time was had.  Sorry I could not be there!

RoxyDog

Thanks to our speaker and to everyone who helps make our meetings happen.  :)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

charlie

Quote from: RoxyDog on January 27, 2009, 09:17:35 AM
Thanks to our speaker and to everyone who helps make our meetings happen.  :)
Yea , once again it was nice to put some more names to faces, enjoy some good old one on one  conversation learn something different & make some new friends, thanks to all who helped with that  ;), Hookup your turn next month  :)
Special thanks to Critter Jungle for sending one of their reps to check out our meeting.Hope to see more of our sponsors visiting.

Hookup

Will have to send my warmest regards for next month also.  I will be scuba-diving in Nassau that week... I guess i could cancel my trip...... yeah, right!  March for sure!!!

washefuzzy

I especially enjoyed meeting Mrs. Critter Jungle's  reptile friend.  :)

dan2x38

Thanks Jeff for sharing your knowledge and family product. Charlie another great job thanks as well. You are spoiling us.
Voltaire: