Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Open Executive Positions

Started by mseguin, January 19, 2009, 05:06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mseguin

Just to let you know, there are currently 4 positions available on this year's exec. We can always use the help, and trying it now gives you a nice short time to try it in and see if any of the positions work for you. Here's what is currently available.

Secretary
Takes meeting minutes and handles correspondence for the club.

Corporate and Public Relations Chair
Represents OVAS within the community, searching for sponsors as well as finding new ways for OVAS to grow awareness of the club.

Membership Chair
Handles membership drives, as well as other intiatives to grow the club's membership.

BAP and AHAP Chair
Deals with the Breeder's Award Program and Aquatic Horticulturist Award Program.

Keep in mind all these positions are also directly involved with governing the club along with the rest of the executive. If you're interested, pm or email me at

fischkopp

I would like to try myself as secretary. It's about time to get more involved ... :)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

RoxyDog

Why thank you sir.  We'll be glad to have you.  :) 
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

charlie

Thanks Fischkopp, now any other takers . ;)

dan2x38

Quote from: fischkopp on January 19, 2009, 02:22:40 PM
I would like to try myself as secretary. It's about time to get more involved ... :)

Awesome way to go you will make a great exec.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Hookup

garnpet

Quote from: Hookup on January 20, 2009, 08:38:33 AM
I'm not a member, can I apply?

http://ovas.ca/index.php?page=10  (Section 3, #2).

However, nothing is stopping you from purchasing a membership and then putting your name forward.

1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

Hookup

Thanks, that makes perfect sense.  I have some questions about the executive committee, logistical questions really, whom should I direct those at?

garnpet

Ask them here or PM any of the current Execs.
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

markw

RoxyDog

Anyone who has questions can go ahead and PM me, I'll find you some sort of answer.  ;)

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

dan2x38

Quote from: garnpet on January 20, 2009, 08:49:27 AM
http://ovas.ca/index.php?page=10  (Section 3, #2).

However, nothing is stopping you from purchasing a membership and then putting your name forward.
Wasn't there another qualification implemented were the person had to be a member for a period of time? I thought that was invoked last season either 3 or 6 months...
Voltaire:

Hookup

Quote from: dan2x38 on January 20, 2009, 01:17:00 PM
Wasn't there another qualification implemented were the person had to be a member for a period of time? I thought that was invoked last season either 3 or 6 months...

What??  Are you trying to block me out Dan?     :P

joking only ... LOL... In fact, I was surprised that I didn't see a "minimum membership length required" actually as it makes sense.  ;)

dan2x38

Quote from: Hookup on January 20, 2009, 01:25:05 PM
What??  Are you trying to block me out Dan?     :P

joking only ... LOL... In fact, I was surprised that I didn't see a "minimum membership length required" actually as it makes sense.  ;)
Not at all just want everyone to know what the qualifications are. Makes it easier than getting geared up than can't proceed because of a qaulifaction not being met.
Voltaire:

dan2x38

Quote from: markw on January 20, 2009, 09:25:19 AM
I have PM'd Matt about the BAP
Mark you be a perfect fit... but would you be biased against us South American keepers & plant geeks? ;)
Voltaire:

markw

Quote from: dan2x38 on January 20, 2009, 01:33:53 PM
Mark you be a perfect fit... but would you be biased against us South American keepers & plant geeks? ;)
Not at all Dan... I'd just make it the OVTCS
Ottawa Valley Tanganyikan Cichlid Society! You others would still be allowed to visit!

RoxyDog

markw: I don't know where Cumberland is, can you make it to meetings okay?  Considering your ability to breed things, I'd say you'd be a fit no?  :)

Dan and hookup:  I believe the was some talk about minimum membership length required but @ this moment I'm not sure we agreed on one.  I'll have to check that out, but I *think* we never changed anything.  Any other Execs can chime in if they know!

artw

as far as I can remember we generally took anyone who volunteered (yes back in the day it was very hard to find volunteers) .
the only positions we would have preferred to have someone we already knew was Treasurer, or any other position that involved the harbouring of the clubs property (laptop et al)

markw

Quote from: RoxyDog on January 20, 2009, 01:44:55 PM
markw: I don't know where Cumberland is, can you make it to meetings okay?  Considering your ability to breed things, I'd say you'd be a fit no?  :)

Cumberland is the opposite extreme to Kanata within the confines of the Ottawa megalopolis. My only issue, as I mentioned to Matt is my job(corporate pilot) which takes me away at odd times. I may miss a few or even many meetings, or none at all. Nature of the beast!
I have bred just about every fish(well not quite every fish, but a bunch) and I thought I could offer a few ideas.

charlie

Quote from: markw on January 20, 2009, 02:28:07 PM
Quote from: RoxyDog on January 20, 2009, 01:44:55 PM

Cumberland is the opposite extreme to Kanata within the confines of the Ottawa megalopolis. My only issue, as I mentioned to Matt is my job(corporate pilot) which takes me away at odd times. I may miss a few or even many meetings, or none at all. Nature of the beast!
I have bred just about every fish(well not quite every fish, but a bunch) and I thought I could offer a few ideas.
Mark can`t speak for the others, but missing the odd meet should not be a issue.