Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

What are you thinking of bringing to the Giant Auction?!

Started by Fishnut, January 29, 2009, 08:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apuppet

i think it would be cool, if there was a heated tank for all the bagged fish to be floated in, while waiting to be auctioned.  a couple of towels nearby to dry them off, before they get showcased.  just a thought.

i hate see fish sitting on bare table, and subjected to fluctuating room temp, then handled by prospective buyers.   (dotn flame me, i hurt easily. :P
planted

dan2x38

Quote from: RoxyDog on January 31, 2009, 04:51:23 PM
I'm bringing coral frags.  Yep, you heard it, FRAGS!  :D  Probably leathers, mushrooms, zoas, some digita, possibly candycanes.  I'm either going to bring a little tank to set them up in and hopefully they open up well, or bag them and put pictures on the bags. 
You 'ROCK' and will clean up!  8) Yep, you heard it, "Clean up"!
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

dan2x38

Registered these 30 items today. Check out the PDF attached...

[attachment deleted by admin]
Voltaire:

charlie

Wow , less than 3 weeks away from our giant auction, where is all the stuff, come on people pre register your items, it`s show & tell time, where are those numerous frags, pre register them so folks can see what is going to be available , the club is making the opportunity available.

Adam

I'm going to be bringing coral frags as well.  Surprise corals too (acros???)
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

dan2x38

Bringing these to the auction: Big Al's Multi-Reef Trickle Filter II with Bio-Balls & Multi-Reef Over-Flow Box. It is filled with water showing it is leak prove. It is the earlier version of the current Mega-Flow model. Also a picture of a great centre piece plant, Echinodorus amazonicus 'Narrow Leaf'. Stay tuned.  8)

Voltaire:

garnpet

The first 100 (almost) items.

1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

Dorrie

I was thinking of bringing in some greens, like java moss, a moss ball or two, and cash (for myself).

Do you think people would be interested in duckweed and amazon frogbit?

littlelil

dan2x38

Voltaire:

zima

I think last year there were a couple of bags of duckweed that were sold as donation to the club for $2.

Frogbit, on the other hand, we have not seen in a while, and I'm sure will sell.

Dorrie

Excellent, I'll bring them in then :)

Except I double checked on the Web to find out the correct Latin names and found out that I have not Amazon frogbit, but rather Greater duckweed (Spirodela Polyrhiza). It's like duckweed, only greater :D

Thanks for your replies ;)

remiry95

Will anyone be bringing any Africans in? (Demasonis?)

dpatte

I'm back from Kenya, and married!

My wife, Pauline, and I hope to attend the auction. We are also hoping to go through my basement this weekend and get together alot of things for the auction.

gravel, rocks, accessories, pumps, maybe even filters.

She likes the tanks, but Im trying to organize. :)
1 210g Asian Community planted fast water tank: balas, tiger & black ruby barbs, red-tail black shark, rainbows, loaches, SAEs, gold CAEs, 1500GPH river flow, plus 1500gph filtration.
1 75g African planted tank: 3 synos (had them since the 90s), yellow labs, kribensis.
1 40g breeder, silicone-divided into two - quarantine and nursery.

dpatte

1 210g Asian Community planted fast water tank: balas, tiger & black ruby barbs, red-tail black shark, rainbows, loaches, SAEs, gold CAEs, 1500GPH river flow, plus 1500gph filtration.
1 75g African planted tank: 3 synos (had them since the 90s), yellow labs, kribensis.
1 40g breeder, silicone-divided into two - quarantine and nursery.

dan2x38

Quote from: dpatte on February 20, 2009, 09:42:00 PM
I'm bringing an african :) LOL
That is nice and I bet she is lovely but don't ya think they mean other then the Terra firma ones? ;) LOL

Congrats Dave to the both of you and welcome back... you bringing any fish Dave?
Voltaire:

garnpet

Just 1 week left to preregister your items.  Please register your items early to avoid the lineups.   ;)

cichlidicted

Hey ....
anyone getting moonlight kits to the auction .... ??
looking for a 6ft moonlight kit ...

charlie

WOW where is all the salt water stuff ? i`m looking forward to seeing lots of it .

garnpet

The list as of Sunday night 11:50.

Please register your items as soon as possible.