Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

What are you thinking of bringing to the Giant Auction?!

Started by Fishnut, January 29, 2009, 08:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heidi

Quote from: RoxyDog on January 31, 2009, 04:51:23 PM
I'm bringing coral frags.  Yep, you heard it, FRAGS!  :D  Probably leathers, mushrooms, zoas, some digita, possibly candycanes.  I'm either going to bring a little tank to set them up in and hopefully they open up well, or bag them and put pictures on the bags. 

Yahhhhh...I'm all over that!!!!!  Not that I need anymore stuff....but I want more stuff...and in my little pretty pink world....WANT outranks NEED anyday!!!!!!! :D :D
120 gal - Salt water Fish Only
25 gal - Salt Water Reef
Rotti named Nimh
Cat named Yoda
Numerous Bearded Dragons
Numerous BP's and other snakes
Numerous other geckos and lizards

garnpet

1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

garnpet

343 items...

Keep them coming!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Adam

I'm still thinking of bringing coral frags, but there seem to be very few SW items.  I don't want to bring them if there aren't going to be any SW people and they will bring in $2.
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

charlie

Quote from: Adam on February 25, 2009, 04:54:14 PM
I'm still thinking of bringing coral frags, but there seem to be very few SW items.  I don't want to bring them if there aren't going to be any SW people and they will bring in $2.

Adam here are few things to consider that will guarantee you don`t get 2.00
QuotePlease note - unlike the mini-auctions where we limit the number of items with a reserved bid, the giant auction has no limitations on the number of reserved bid items you can register
So you set the minimum reserve bid
You can also choose to pay a dollar & have it on the priority table, which will ensure it goes among the first items on auction.
Regards

NetCop

Quote from: dan2x38 on February 10, 2009, 06:52:15 PM
...Echinodorus amazonicus 'Narrow Leaf'...

Yet another plant that would probably be perfect to aggravate my Oscar with as it looks to be a good size ...or are you using one of those Dollarama measuring tapes that are a little imperfect in their measurements?  ;D

Thumpya

Maybe a silly question,  Is anyone bringing any of the Home made Spirulina food to the Auction? Roll Eyes

dan2x38

Quote from: Thumpya on February 25, 2009, 08:11:33 PM
Maybe a silly question,  Is anyone bringing any of the Home made Spirulina food to the Auction? Roll Eyes
I thought about it but didn't think it would sell? Mine is more than just spirlina lots of veggies and more... my fish devour it!
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

stardrop

I'm definately going to keep my eyes open for any SW stuff.  That's my main purpose in going, and I understand if I"m disappointed in the end :(

garnpet

393 items...

Remember, online preregistration until 8pm on Saturday.

garnpet

474 items and counting...

stardrop

Where should we go to pre-register.  I"m bringing some bio balls, zoa frag and a micro tank.  I've also got a styrofoam cooler our fish arrived in that I can bring to float things in  :)

pcole6765

I have another question, sorry I'm new to all this so I don't know how things normally work and I like to be prepared for everything.
I was looking at the list of items up for auction and was wondering if a item is listed as say 13x cherry shrimp..I'm bidding on all 13?

garnpet

Quote from: pcole6765 on February 27, 2009, 08:03:14 AM
I have another question, sorry I'm new to all this so I don't know how things normally work and I like to be prepared for everything.
I was looking at the list of items up for auction and was wondering if a item is listed as say 13x cherry shrimp..I'm bidding on all 13?

Yes.

ljtiggs

Do people bring fish to this auction or is it mainly Plants, Books and Hardware because your list sure does not have many fish on it.

Thank you for your time.

limed

Yes, people bring fish, shrimps, snails, food, lights/canopies, aquariums, filters, pumps, stands, books, lots of plants, rocks, almost everything for fresh and saltwater.
It's a get time and lots of fun.

Ed

pcole6765

Is it improper to see if anyone else would like to split on an item? I don't want 13 shrimp or 5 apistos but I would love a pair of each.

az

we are planning to send african cichlids;

a dozen frontosa 1.5"
white calvus
meeli
random africans

maybe some sw items havent decided what though.
AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

garnpet

546 items...

Remember the deadline for preregistration and the 25% commission rate is Saturday @ 8pm.