Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Annual video home show

Started by charlie, February 10, 2009, 03:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Hi fellow OVAS club members, as most of you know , the club sponsors a video home show of our members tanks each year for the last few years, this year is no exception, as a result we are looking for a volunteer member or 2 ( depending on the amount of entries) who has a digital video camera & willingness to capture the footage of the entrants tank sometime in April so we can have it all edited by the first week in May, if you are so inclined please contact me.

Details of this years home show will follow soon, stay tuned & start prepping those tanks to star in this years movie  ;)

charlie

A update  of how this years video home show will be run, in a effort to encourage as many particpants as possible, there will be no best of class , so we can all participate in sharing  our set ups with members without worrying about whose set up will outshine yours.We will however have a random draw for a gift voucher for each of the 3 categories ( we reserve the right to modify the categories depending on particpation) this draw will be just for participating.We are looking for a maxmum of 30 tanks total, so first come first served.
Rules
(1) There will be 3 categories - (1)Marine, (2)Freshwater planted , (3) Freshwater non-planted, the club reserves the right to modify the categories depending on particpation
(2) Only carded OVAS members can Participate
(3) The tank owner or family member or friend must narrate a brief info on the set up
(4) All video taping will be done by a authorised representative of the club
(5)Only one tank of each category per member
(6) All video recording will be completed in the month of April ( April 1-31st)
( 7) The showing of the videos will take place at our May meeting

So there you are folks, get involved & please post your desire to participate here in this thread, remember only the first 10 tanks in each category will be accommodated.

dan2x38

I will enter a planted freshwater tank.

Be nice to see some of those executives enter... :) It is not a conflict of interest. Like to see Charlie & Fischkopp's planted tanks. Garnpet has a very nice in wall planted tank. Word has it RoxyDog has a nice Saltwater set-up. Then there is MarkW's African tanks. Like to see some of these... hint-hint. Not sure but MSeguin don't you have a South American set-up? Of course there is always RedBelly's SW display too!
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Fishnut

I'll enter a planted tank...my cold water tank!! :D I guess this means I had better get cracking on finishing it!  :o

Nerine

Looking forward to this!!! I will either enter my 55 or my 10...not sure :D depends who's looking the best in a couple weeks ;)
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

mseguin

Unfortunately I just don't have time to do much maintenance on my tank other than water changes, so there isn't a whole lot to see in my tank, other than overgrown plants and spot algae.

tskinner

Just a question.  How about if we live outside the Ottawa area.  Say in Pembroke/Petawawa area.  Is there a way I can still enter.  Maybe I could do my own recording and submit it for editing if possible.  If not possible, I will understand because of the distance limitations.

Tyson

charlie

Tyson , that can be considered,but you would have to be a OVAS member.
P. S. this would only be considered for members outside of the city, no local members would be accommodated.

tskinner

Quote from: charlie on February 18, 2009, 10:39:14 AM
Tyson , that can be considered,but you would have to be a OVAS member.
P. S. this would only be considered for members outside of the city, no local members would be accommodated.
Thats no problem

charlie

Quote from: charlie on February 10, 2009, 03:02:30 PM
Hi fellow OVAS club members, as most of you know , the club sponsors a video home show of our members tanks each year for the last few years, this year is no exception, as a result we are looking for a volunteer member or 2 ( depending on the amount of entries) who has a digital video camera & willingness to capture the footage of the entrants tank sometime in April so we can have it all edited by the first week in May, if you are so inclined please contact me.

Details of this years home show will follow soon, stay tuned & start prepping those tanks to star in this years movie  ;)
Still looking for at least 1 more volunteer to record the tanks.

alongfortheride

Pat and I would love to partake in the video home show in the marine section.
Hopefully by then our new display tank will be up and running :)

fischkopp

I would like to attend in the planted and non-(seriously)-planted category. Will see which tanks exactly when we get closer to the recording date ... :)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

dan2x38

Now the competition is heating up...  8)
Voltaire:

fischkopp

Quote from: dan2x38 on February 19, 2009, 08:56:43 PM
Now the competition is heating up...  8)

Don't forget: there is no competition this time. It's just for fun:)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

dan2x38

Quote from: fischkopp on February 19, 2009, 11:02:57 PM
Don't forget: there is no competition this time. It's just for fun:)
OK now the FUN heats up...  8) Charlie hope you throw your hat into the fun...  ;)
Voltaire:

clouxles

I would like to enter my Freshwater Stingray tank into the unplanted tank category.

Totally

Clouxles
Mark D.
210 gallon 3 Ornate Bichirs, 1 Dhelezi Bichir, 1 Rope Fish, Black Ghost Knife, Royal Pleco, Fire Eel, Clown Loach, BN Pleco
125 gallon Elephant Nose, Rainbows, Gourami (Pearl - Blue) Plecos (BN & Clown)

Go big or go home... no more MTS for me

charlie

Approx 28 days before we start recording, PLEASE indicate your intention of participating in this event in this thread,big thank you to those  who have already done so.

charlie

Just a reminder folks , we need to have your intention to participate by the end of March ( which is 2 weeks away) so we can schedule the recording for April

charlie

This is your last call folks, make it or break it :D

Nerine

Ok seriously...with all the views you'd think there would be a ton of people lining up!!

What is holding you back from entering your tank?

This is what mine looks like right now...

Picture this....(soft music playing in the background and a singsong voice...) Soft green leaves swaying in the current, fish casually floating by, white sand accented with rose quartz and amethyst....AND THEN! You see it! GREEN WALLS! Algae so thick you cannot see the beautiful scenery behind it! Glass covered with brown and green sludge! :P

And well the aquascape is a total wreck right now, I uprooted every single plant and moved every single jar and rock looking for my bumblebee (which I believe is actually gone now :( ) But anyways....I am still entering my tank! Everything will be back to pristine order in the morning and the tank WILL be entered. On the other hand, my 10g with the blue gravel only has plastic plants in it and really not fit to be entered ;)

So come on...why aren't more people interested? Are you shy? Don't really care? Not proud of your tank? Speak up!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts