Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Plant mania get together

Started by charlie, March 09, 2009, 10:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Anybody trading plants this Sat. April 4th, if so what do you have?

zima

Bad news for me - got commitments that I cannot get out of. It's just too bad for me; hope it is fun and another plant mania meeting is organised some time soon. Sorry folks..

Jeff1192

I still have a number of rubin sword plantlets if anyone is interested.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

GrahamWebb

Quote from: Jeff1192 on March 30, 2009, 02:22:30 PM
I still have a number of rubin sword plantlets if anyone is interested.

Jeff,
Is rubin sword low light? if so, I'm interested in one.

pcole6765

I'm looking for some low light plants as well. I have a bunch of crypts already. I'd really like some African fern if anyone has some.

charlie

Check these out , i have some & they can be kept with low - high lights, special price for plant mania Sat. - 3.00, anything outside of Plant mania is 5.00  :D ;)
http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=35260.0

Jeff1192

Quote from: GrahamWebb on March 30, 2009, 04:52:48 PM
Jeff,
Is rubin sword low light? if so, I'm interested in one.

I used to keep it in medium light and it stayed pretty small. I'm not sure if it would survive in low light.

Charlie,

I'll take one of your swords.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

smalltownfan

Quote from: zima on March 30, 2009, 02:12:00 PM
Bad news for me - got commitments that I cannot get out of. It's just too bad for me; hope it is fun and another plant mania meeting is organised some time soon. Sorry folks..

If you had a plant or two you wanted to bring, I'll pick them up and bring 'em in for you. 

::) ;D
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

RebeccaB

FYI I received the Tropica catalogues today.  I will bring them on Saturday so that people can make their plant selections for the Tropica group order.
Slowly venturing down the Amano path...

Anja

Man, I'm gone for four weeks and you guys plan fantastic stuff. I'll be there. Just checked the busses. Totally doable.  :D

Rebecca, it's too early for me to order plants (I have a paludarium planned but not started yet). I hope there'll be another order later on. But if you're willing to sell one of your catalogs, I'd like to have one. I just looked at the online version and find it very useful.
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

RebeccaB

The order won't be going in until next week and I expect it will be two weeks before the plants are shipped to Ottawa.  Hopefully this will work for your schedule.

Interest in the catalogues is actually quite high! Given this, I don't think I can part out with any at this point.  I am willing to lend two out however.  there are a couple of people who have requested to borrow them a head of you, but I'll let you know if they become available before Saturday.

Rebecca

charlie

Updated list

RebeccaB                                                                  Jetstream - tentative     
Fishnut                                                                      Dan2x38 - tentative
BigDaddy                                                                   Washefuzzy - tentative
Zima - got his priorities confused  :D
bulldozer911
smalltownfan
fischkopp
waternymph
pcole6765 & husband
Charlie
Jeff1192
GrahamWebb
Rollfish
Anja - latest addition

5 days to the fun get together  ;)

Anja

Quote from: RebeccaB on March 31, 2009, 12:28:06 PM
The order won't be going in until next week and I expect it will be two weeks before the plants are shipped to Ottawa.  Hopefully this will work for your schedule.

I'm afraid I'm thinking in months rather than weeks. I don't even have all the materials yet. But thanks for letting me know.

QuoteInterest in the catalogues is actually quite high! Given this, I don't think I can part out with any at this point.  I am willing to lend two out however.  there are a couple of people who have requested to borrow them a head of you, but I'll let you know if they become available before Saturday.

Fair enough. Thank you,
Anja
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

smalltownfan

Quote from: charlie on March 10, 2009, 10:29:00 PM
Ok, Royal Oak Hunt club on April 4th @ 4.00 PM, reservation made, will adjust as the #`s are confirmed closer to the date,

Just reconfirming the date, time and location. Looking forward to meeting you and moving further to the green side.
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

dan2x38

Quote from: RebeccaB on March 31, 2009, 12:28:06 PM
Interest in the catalogues is actually quite high! Given this, I don't think I can part out with any at this point.  I am willing to lend two out however.  there are a couple of people who have requested to borrow them a head of you, but I'll let you know if they become available before Saturday.

Rebecca

We have a Hockey Tournament and depending on results of other games I might not be able to make the Mania Gathering... :( Is it possible to check out the catalogue before I finialize my order. Is the hardcopy the same as the on line one you posted the link to?

What deposit do you require Rebecca? Thanks for doing again!
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

RebeccaB

Quote from: dan2x38 on April 02, 2009, 12:11:58 AM
We have a Hockey Tournament and depending on results of other games I might not be able to make the Mania Gathering... :( Is it possible to check out the catalogue before I finialize my order. Is the hardcopy the same as the on line one you posted the link to?

What deposit do you require Rebecca? Thanks for doing again!

Hi Dan.  The hardcopy catalogue is the same as the one online.  I am not sure about deposit amounts yet. I will contact APU and inquire and then I will figure something out.

charlie

Quote from: charlie on March 31, 2009, 03:16:24 PM
Updated list

RebeccaB                                                                  Jetstream - tentative     
Fishnut                                                                      Dan2x38 - tentative
BigDaddy                                                                   Washefuzzy - tentative
Zima - got his priorities confused  :D
bulldozer911
smalltownfan
fischkopp
waternymph
pcole6765 & husband
Charlie
Jeff1192
GrahamWebb
Rollfish
Anja - latest addition

2 more sleeps ;)

charlie

Tomorrow Royal Oak ,Hunt Club @ 4.00PM
Talk ,Talk , get to know each other , exchange ideas experiences etc.
Eat & drink
quiz
50/50
swap plant etc these can be done in whichever order the flow allows  ;D
& most of all have fun , see you all there.
Oh there is room for more , so feel free to show up  ;)
http://www.royaloakpubs.com/images/menu_grill.jpg
http://www.royaloakpubs.com/images/menu_british.jpg
http://www.royaloakpubs.com/images/menu_beginnings.jpg

fischkopp

How long does everybody plan to stay tomorrow? 6pm, 7ppm, 8pm ... I guess we should at least plan dinner? The menu looks promising ... :)

I could bring some of the following plants if there is any interest (please contact me via PM):

• Blyxa japonica
  • Marsilea hirsuta
  • Cryptocoryne willisii
  • Echinodorus tellenus (Ranalisma rostrata)
  • Echinodorus red rubin plantlets
  • Rotala vietnam
  • Ludwigia arcuata
  • Limnophila aromatica
  • Hydrocotyle verticillata
  • ... and maybe others, just ask if you are looking for something in particular :)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

charlie

Quote from: fischkopp on April 03, 2009, 10:43:51 AM
How long does everybody plan to stay tomorrow? 6pm, 7ppm, 8pm ... I guess we should at least plan dinner? The menu looks promising ... :)

I could bring some of the following plants if there is any interest (please contact me via PM):

• Blyxa japonica
  • Marsilea hirsuta
  • Cryptocoryne willisii
  • Echinodorus tellenus (Ranalisma rostrata)
  • Echinodorus red rubin plantlets
  • Rotala vietnam
  • Ludwigia arcuata
  • Limnophila aromatica
  • Hydrocotyle verticillata
  • ... and maybe others, just ask if you are looking for something in particular :)
I plan on having dinner , liver sounds good  ;D