Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Apistos; online supplier?

Started by Dwarf Puffers, March 24, 2009, 04:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwarf Puffers

I'm looking for a canadian online supplier for apistos, mainly the most common kind around, A. cacatuoides. But no luck, beyond "fancy" varieties 60$ per pair (that's fully 4x higher than what Apisto Dave charges for equal or better fish). Is there any place I can get apistos in canada online? I have 4 females, and the two that are large enough to be eager, are. Thanks.  :)

charlie

Dwarf Puffers

charlie

Quote from: Dwarf Puffers on March 24, 2009, 04:53:52 PM
"Pick up only near Prince of Wales / Meadowlands"

Thanks anyway :)
No worries, i`m assuming from your reply you are not in Ottawa, i was under the impression you are in Ottawa  ;)

Dwarf Puffers

Oh, sorry, I was pretty sure my location showed, but it doesn't. I'm in Nova Scotia, and the only place that even sells apistos (but seemingly only females) is a 3 hour drive :-\ I've seen a few people here breeding apistos, but I doubted any wanted to bother with shipping any.

I'll go make it show my location.

dan2x38

Try Tim at one of our sponsor's World Fish Canada: http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=34710.20. read his forum they acclimate there fish before shipping and nice quality. I think he has a min. order though. Send him a PM for details.

edit: what do you want exactly? check my sig... I could send you a few but I am hobby breeder... plus have to wait for warmer weather.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Dwarf Puffers

I'll send you a PM :) Thanks everybody for your help

fischkopp

Getting a hand on nice apistos is always difficult and a hit 'n miss. A nice pair for $60 is an ok price for some rare apistos, especially wild caught and sensitive ones tend to be even more expensive. I have seen them for $50 each.

I am not sure how the fish can be shipped to your location, but shipping fish tends to be always expensive if it is done by plane.

My first choice for apistos is www.belowwater.com. They do mainly South American fish and have nice wild caught apistos regularly. Another option might be Spencer Jack (http://cichlaholic.com/index2.html) - he has more africans but also apistos from time to time.

Good luck! :)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

worldfish

Call my agent down there....he is in moncton and can ship it to you. I supply him every week. Serge Arseneault 1-506-860-0919

Dwarf Puffers

I've ordered some wild apistogramma steindachneri from Serge, and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting my cacs from Dan. Thanks for the help everyone :)