Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Divider for a larger tank?

Started by KLKelly, April 09, 2009, 03:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLKelly

My goldfish fry is getting bigger and she is a HUGE fin nipper!  Even after a big belly full of mysis shrimp she chases and bites.

Any ideas how I can make a divider for a 30 gallon tank?  Its a hagen euro rimless.  I have no idea how to measure the tank right but its about 17.5 high by 13.5 wide.

rkmike

If you're a DIY'er, you can use plastic egg crate from fluorescent lighting and trim to fit.

If it's to separate actual fry, I've seen people using window screening with cut down vinyl frames (you can get all the makings at Rona or Home Depot).

Penn Plax also makes a tank divider that clips onto the tank, I have one for sale if you're interested (you might have to cut it down to fit your tank).

Mike

dan2x38

I have one you can borrow fits a 15g sounds like that is what you are discribing. Wow sounds like a little bully.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

KLKelly

I didn't know they made them for larger tanks.  Mops.ca didn't have any but Pets and Ponds has one for $20 that is  16" x 17 so I hope I can cut it down.  Their AP test kit is a great price too.