Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS BBQ!!! - June 28th 1:00-5:00pm

Started by redbelly, June 01, 2009, 02:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redbelly

The annual OVAS BBQ is going to be held @ Vincent Massey Park on Sunday, June 28th.  We have site "K" reserved for the day (see map) but I was thinking we'd start around 1:00pm. Everyone can stay as long as the park is open (sunset), but we will be cleaning up the BBQ portion around 5pm.

Rules: no booze, no dogs.  Anyone, member or not, spouses and kids are invited. 

Pot luck please!  OVAS will supply some food, burgers andot dogs for members, and some water/juice/pop, but we'll need your help too.  Please say if you think you're coming so we can get an idea of who's going and if you will be bringing anything.

I figure we can just keep cooking and hanging out, and people can come and go as they please.  Parking is $5 a car.

http://www.canadascapital.gc.ca/data/2/rec_docs/1503_vm_map_andlegend.pdf

Feel free to add your comments below.

redbelly

For the poll, if you want one hotdog and one hamburger, please vote twice.
Please do the same for family members you are bringing along.

alongfortheride

I will be bringing some home made pies, thinking of cherry and apple :)

Fishnut

Hubby and I will be going.  I'll bring the brownies I brought last year...maybe a potato salad too.

RoxyDog

I've got the potato salad covered, you can bring extra brownies.  :)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

FocusFin

Quote from: Fishnut on June 01, 2009, 09:03:24 PMI'll bring the brownies I brought last year.

Could you maybe make fresh ones instead. ;D

We have a birthday party that day but is it okay to drop by for a quick visit?
110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

RoxyDog

Absolutely.  Stop by for a quick visit, or come in and out as you please.  Even if someone can only make it for part of it, stop by and say hi.  :)

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

GrahamWebb

Sounds like a good time...count me in; Wife and baby too...I'll bring something, but I'll have to see what I can convince my wife to make, maybe "frijoles charros", it's mexican and always great at a BBQ.
graham

Nerine

I'll be there and will have room in my car for 1 other person if you wish to share in $$'s for parking!

(Joyce, I'm assuming you'll be riding with me too?)

For things to bring...any thing in particular to bring? do we need more desserts or more finger foods?
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Vincenzo.

myself, the wife and our almost to be 10 month old daughter shall be there.

is there anything we can bring? let me know.

Nerine

55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

RoxyDog

Yes, please bring the family, especially kids!  My 6 year old little guy will need someone to play with.   :P

2075turner

I will mark it on the challendar.  I will try to bring my hubby and twin boys (2 1/2yrs)  How many people have participated in the past?  Just trying to get an idea of how much food to bring

Vincenzo.

Quote from: Nerine on June 04, 2009, 10:34:57 PM
yay Virgil will have a playmate ;D
^tell him no funny-stuff, or i'll have to  8)

Vizerdrix

Hubby and I should be there also.  Won't have the kids though.

Count me in for a pasta salad.

Blackstitch

I'll be there, might have a friend of mine with me as well

Sharbuckle

redbelly

Anyone else have a nitro RC they want to bring to the bbq so we can race???

washefuzzy

Anja

I can't make it.  :'( Signed up for weekend classes ages ago. Hope everyone has fun. The weather is supposed to be great.  :D
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)