Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Not Your Typical 1500g Build

Started by RossW, August 13, 2009, 08:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RossW

A friend, Acers, passed this on to me and I initially ignored it thinking it was just another build...

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1650383

Rybren

I found this thread last week.  It's an amazing build and story.  Very gripping at times.  The poor guy has been having a very rough go lately.
120G Reef

acers

I went more like

Hey Ross i found this neat tank build.

Roll eyes...   ya ya tank build
Pointed at my tank snickered,  called my sponge thing weird
left the room by skipping and humming a show tune.

ok so i feel a little vindicated ;)

AcErs

24g Aquapod : SW

Tyler.L

ya i had seen that thread too once they reupdated reefcentral. Very sad and dude is very hardcore and hilarious glad he pulled through and is still alive and awsome that the thread split for him!

Brine

read the whole thread in one sitting...gripping story...i wish him well and I want to see the tank finished

White Lightning

That is one long and awesome story. My hat goes off to him!

audioslave_36

half way to his second split, still in and out of the hospital and still building this insane salt tank!

this guy is a real inspiration!!

mikerobart

Speaking of insane builds... have you guys been following this guy on RC from thailand.. chingchai ? He has a few splits now in the Large Tank Forum... and this build is absolutely insane... I have never seen so much attention to detail / planning / spending on a reef. I figure it's getting it's not far from 6 figures into this tank and there's not even coral in it yet!