Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

I Absolutely HATE Missing OVAS Meetings!

Started by Nelson, June 27, 2005, 07:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelson

Just thought I would share that with you :x

dandaman

me took, same with me i am missing tonights meeting, damn!
80- 5 Tropheus Brichardi Malagarasi
55- Planted Communnity
35- Discus/Angel Community
10- Breeding tank

Nelson

Quote from: "dandaman"me took, same with me i am missing tonights meeting, darn!
Travel sucks :x

dandaman

80- 5 Tropheus Brichardi Malagarasi
55- Planted Communnity
35- Discus/Angel Community
10- Breeding tank

aidensmomma2000

I dont go to any of them  :roll:
I meet people via buying and selling though.

BigDaddy

You didn't miss much tonight Nelson... if that's any consolation.

Nelson

Quote from: "aidensmomma2000"I dont go to any of them  :roll:
I meet people via buying and selling though.
Why not?....I've never been into meetings - just too many during the course of my day, but these are really just a gathering of good people with a common interest.   And lets not forget, there's more often than not great deals in the mini auction.

Nelson

Quote from: "BigDaddy"You didn't miss much tonight Nelson... if that's any consolation.
Thanks Sean...I think I feel better :wink:

aidensmomma2000

Quote from: "Nelson"
Why not?....I've never been into meetings - just too many during the course of my day, but these are really just a gathering of good people with a common interest.   And lets not forget, there's more often than not often great deals in the mini auction.

It means I have to leave Aiden  :wink:

Nelson

Quote from: "aidensmomma2000"
Why not?....I've never been into meetings - just too many during the course of my day, but these are really just a gathering of good people with a common interest.   And lets not forget, there's more often than not often great deals in the mini auction.

It means I have to leave Aiden  :wink:
I would really like to meet Aiden and he might like to meet some of "mommas" friends...folks bring their young ones to the meetngs occasionaly.  I will be bringing Scott or Elizabeth, or both, to a meeting soon.

pegasus

Quote from: "BigDaddy"You didn't miss much tonight Nelson... if that's any consolation.
Nelson... You were miss tonight. Shawn must have been sleeping  :) but I sure I heard him talk in his sleep and it was quite interesting.
I ask Jackie how much money did our mini-auction had generated last year. Close to $300, so that's 10% of $3000 and if you consider that must of the stuff is sold at 10-25% store price that's about $15,000 worth of fish, plants and accessories that were sold. Not Bad!
There was also a fair amount of new and more comon Africans on the block. (leleupi, transcritus, kribs, Yellw Jakes, rusty, Acei, lithobathes and a beautifull 4" yellow lab). Some Americans (JD & severum) some bettas and the usual plants.
Alain, our program director could easely take the year off.... his work is already done for the next season. Great job Alain!

So Nelson, next time, do a better job in planning your little trip. Will you?  :) You and I could have kept shawn from snoring through the meeting.

For those of you who miss understanding my humour... let me say... Shawn was not actually snoring he was just trying to be nice to Nelson.

aidensmomma2000

Nelson,
 Aiden is....spirited. Hes a SUPER social kid that must be talking to someone (doesnt matter who) at all times. He really wouldnt sit through a meeting. Actually he might but he'd put up his hand and ask question every 30 seconds (or just tell you things about him)!

BigDaddy

Thanks for correcting my thought pegasus.

What I meant to say was that there was not a formal program arrangement for the meeting.  Members could volunteer to introduce themselves, we had a run down on the budget, and then we had our mini auction.

Nelson

Thanks for the "report" pegasus.  The mini-auction is certainly something I look forward to and another way that I manage to spend money on things I don't need :)

Nelson

Quote from: "aidensmomma2000"Nelson,
 Aiden is....spirited. Hes a SUPER social kid that must be talking to someone (doesnt matter who) at all times. He really wouldnt sit through a meeting. Actually he might but he'd put up his hand and ask question every 30 seconds (or just tell you things about him)!

I understand completely Robin :wink:

artw

we also got to see the new T-shirts!

Nelson

Quote from: "artw"we also got to see the new T-shirts!

Looking forward to buying a couple

Marc

Quote from: "artw"we also got to see the new T-shirts!

Looking forward to buying a couple

I'm hoping to setup something so people can buy some during the summer but if they need to be shipped that will have to be paid too.

Marc

FishPassion

Nelson:
Just wanted to let you know that I didnt go either but I picked up some really good deals at the auction that you wanted LOL Have a new proxy bidding system and wont tell you how it works...Have a great day my friend....
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

Nelson

Quote from: "FishPassion"Nelson:
Just wanted to let you know that I didnt go either but I picked up some really good deals at the auction that you wanted LOL Have a new proxy bidding system and wont tell you how it works...Have a great day my friend....

:evil:  :wink: