Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My 180g, 4 sided viewable project thread

Started by Hookup, August 28, 2009, 10:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan2x38

I am almost always home day time until 3 so you need help then let me know. Perfection is not a bad thing just tough with this hobby... ;) Your braver than me. I would make a few changes on my system and rebuild if I could but I won't. All in all can't wait to see what ya all come with on this project should be a masterpiece!
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

salvini55

did you get a new skimmer? hows it pulling

Hookup

Did not install yet... :(  I'm waiting on the mega project...

which begins.... TONIGHT.

A photo-montage will follow... ;)

salvini55

Hookup

Huge SNAFU!

I no longer have access to cement for the project this weekend...

The goal now is to;
1) tear down the 180 - transfer into the 120g on the floor
2) move closedloop pumps & plumbing into the basement under tank
3) finish the tank stand/cabinet and the "wall side"
4) complete the closed loop
5) model the internal pipes/frame for aquascaping
6) connect the Orca II Pro skimmer

If I can get all of that done, it'll be pretty darn amazing.

The cement, ready for tank use within 12hrs, will arrive on Wednesday next week, so I will start on the aquascaping next weekend... I cannot have the 120g on the floor for several weeks... this is not an option...

Hookup

Tank is down... Plumbing is ripped out, mostly...  Tomorrow begins the closed loop work that is outside the tank...  And some drywall work...  And some finishing work....

It was a good evening.

JD

It would seem we both have skimmers to install.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hookup

You sir, are one crazy mother....   

Hahaha. Size does matter!

Hookup

Someone hates me...  Plumbing that I paid 157$ in shipping did not arrive...  I ordered it 3 days grace and paid for two day shipping and today is the 4th day... It was not in Ogdensburg....

I have enuf to get going, and yes, work begins in 30 min, but grrrr... I'm angry.

Www.flexPVC.com and I are going to have words...   For the record, this is 3 for three screwed up shipments from them...   You have been informed.... Shopp at own risk

salvini55

Good to know! I just got back from lowes and $200 later still missing parts. I was just about to make an order with flexPVC.com.... Maybe I will wait

Hookup

Worked until about 10pm last night.   Got a good plan of attack started, closed loop pumps ate under the floor, duct work re routed, air exchanger is in a temporary place...

Have to fly to Philly this am, sitting in the airport now, so photos when I get back tomorrow night.  I did take a bunch...

Big huge to do list... But progress was good.

redbelly

Flexpvc does have some very neet pieces but buyer beware there...
I have ordered odd ball dog legs and such from them and not once has my order been on time and several times it was incomplete....

Lets see some new pics of the remodeling thought.
No pics of me inside that tank though!

Hookup

Photos soon...  Landed 3 hours late from delayed flights.. Feeling tired...  Photos tomorrow after work...

Severum

Would you stop teasing us with these pictures. I'm getting blue bio-balls.

Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

holachicka

Quote from: JD on October 02, 2010, 08:48:34 AM
It would seem we both have skimmers to install.

Show off!!!

Your tank stand puts my tank to shame...I dont care to see your flippin skimmer!!!!!!

;)

JD

I has been like forever with no updates, how's the rebuild coming?

Hookup

It's coming... ;)

The cement is going thru the process of dropping in pH.  I hope to return my live stock to the display this week.

Things are looking good, IMHO.  Photos have been taken for much of the build, though I admit the covering of pipes in cement did not get photo documented.

Maybe I can post some photo teasers tonight after work.  If I cannot, it'll be Thursday as I'm traveling this week quite a bit.

Vincenzo.

­­finally he`s home, time to un-set bags,
his trip,-i mean, tanks more delayed, than jet lag..
i head bang, -to the size of his skimmer,
i don't-know-if he shops-there, but tims is a winner..
i ate fajitas for diner,
but....
is this a wrap? i think-knot..because of the tie
i sink rocks,
but im not aquascaper,
the epitome of

a evil caper

Hookup

LOL and awesome...

pH probe has been recalibrated... And more cure time is required than I thought....

Photo teasers soon...maybe Pat will post the corn storm video?