Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Ovas first meeting 2009-2010

Started by charlie, September 01, 2009, 02:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Hello fellow OVAS club members, this month marks the beginning of the club`s 2009-2010 season, it looks like we are starting with a bang, first off is our inaugural fishy garage sale/membership drive on Saturday Sept.26Th., this is where you the members get to purchase/renew your 2009-2010 subscription & meet fellow hobbyist as we  snatch up the many deals expected.
http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=38998.0

Our first regular club meeting will follow on the Monday after the garage sale - Sept. 28th , this meeting will feature a DVD seminar by Ad Konings titled " Malawi Cichlids feeding behavior" along with some mouth watering Pizza, please note that since the expense for providing the Pizza is been borne by the paid members , we will ask that if you are not a paid member , please feel free to participate but make a monetary contribution towards the Pizza.
As usual we will be having our door prizes for our paid members , also the usual coffee & other beverages, so come out , meet your fellow hobbyist, make friends away from the key board, ask questions  , teach or learn a thing or 2.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the 26Th & 28Th of Sept.
Please note there will be no Mini auction this month

OVAS club meetings are held at 7pm on every 4th Monday of the month. Everybody is welcome! Meetings are held at the J.A. Dulude Arena - Mel Baker Hall, located at 941 Clyde Avenue.

Vincenzo.

perfecto. i'll see everyone at the garage sale & the first meeting. the wifey and daughter shall be attending to, hopefully.

gerryo

:)  Sounds great to me, but is the Saturday sale also at the J.A. Dulude.

Thanx, and see you all there.

Snider82

i am sure ill make it to teh grage sale! :)  unfortuantly i cant come to ottawa weekdays for meetings, ill wait for any that happen on weekends.. if you have them on weekends.

Blackstitch

I'm going to try to make it to both the garage sale and the first meeting. Unfortunately, we are so busy at work, that I might not be able to attend the garage sale

charlie

Quote from: Snider82 on September 02, 2009, 05:24:53 PM
i am sure ill make it to teh grage sale! :)  unfortuantly i cant come to ottawa weekdays for meetings, ill wait for any that happen on weekends.. if you have them on weekends.
Snider82, they are a couple of members that drive down from your area for meetings, perhaps you can car pool with them sometime, I can ask them for you, just PM me if you are interested.

charlie

Quote from: charlie on September 01, 2009, 02:41:53 PM
Hello fellow OVAS club members, this month marks the beginning of the club`s 2009-2010 season, it looks like we are starting with a bang, first off is our inaugural fishy garage sale/membership drive on Saturday Sept.26Th., this is where you the members get to purchase/renew your 2009-2010 subscription & meet fellow hobbyist as we  snatch up the many deals expected.
http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=38998.0

Our first regular club meeting will follow on the Monday after the garage sale - Sept. 28th , this meeting will feature a DVD seminar by Ad Konings titled " Malawi Cichlids feeding behavior" along with some mouth watering Pizza, please note that since the expense for providing the Pizza is been borne by the paid members , we will ask that if you are not a paid member , please feel free to participate but make a monetary contribution towards the Pizza.
As usual we will be having our door prizes for our paid members , also the usual coffee & other beverages, so come out , meet your fellow hobbyist, make friends away from the key board, ask questions  , teach or learn a thing or 2.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the 26Th & 28Th of Sept.
Please note there will be no Mini auction this month

OVAS club meetings are held at 7pm on every 4th Monday of the month. Everybody is welcome! Meetings are held at the J.A. Dulude Arena - Mel Baker Hall, located at 941 Clyde Avenue.

Now that we had a great Garage sale/membership drive, it`s time for meeting night tomorrow @ 7.00 PM. If you have any question or suggestions grab any of your exec. members for a good old one on one chat ;)
Don`t forget new members have a chance to win a free membership tomorrow night - any new first time member buying their membership @ the meeting tomorrow night will be put into the draw to win 20.00 - compliments of " Focus Financial Services" + you get into the door prize draw.
See you all tomorrow
Wow what a start to the OVAS 2009-2010 season  ;)

Nerine

Yay Meeting!! I'm looking forward to it :) I can hold 3 other people in my car if anyone is interested...I'm coming from St Laurent mall area but need to be at the meeting a tad early so let me know if you want a lift :)

55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

smalltownfan

I was looking forward to attending the first meeting but I am a little (a lot) under the weather. See you next month.
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

OttawaFolkFestivum

I hope the meeting was good. I had a conflict and couldn't make it. Anyway, hope it was good. How long do meetings usually last?
Cheers, Steve

Vincenzo.

meeting was good. nice to talk with everyone.

myself the wife and baby cut it a little short, due to bed time issues, but the meetings are usually 9pm-930 latest.

FocusFin

Quote from: Vince. on September 28, 2009, 10:08:05 PM
meeting was good. nice to talk with everyone.

myself the wife and baby cut it a little short, due to bed time issues, but the meetings are usually 9pm-930 latest.

Yeah, I cut out at 8:00, I promised my daughter I'd put her to bed. Enjoyed the movie though.
110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

charlie

Quote from: OttawaFolkFestivum on September 28, 2009, 09:53:40 PM
I hope the meeting was good. I had a conflict and couldn't make it. Anyway, hope it was good. How long do meetings usually last?
Sorry you missed it, meetings start @ 7.00 & usually wraps up 9.30 - 10.00, hope to see you on Oct. 26 Th.
The meeting was good, was nice to see the members interacting both verbally & breaking of Pizza  ;), juice , coffee, home made Rice Krispies compliments of our new Social convener  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

OttawaFolkFestivum

Posting those Pizza pictures - that's a cruel trick!
Cheers, Steve

Quatro

charlie

Anja

Oh and may I mention that the Rice Krispy squares rocked? Mmmmmhmmm ... *innocent whistle*
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

washefuzzy

You know you are getting older when you have to go home early to put yourself to bed not the kids.  ;D

I missed getting rice crispy squares Anja.  :'(

RoxyDog

Quote from: Quatro on September 28, 2009, 10:52:56 PM
I see bacon!!! 

This man has an eye for the good stuff!   ;D

Thanks for coming out everyone!
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Anja

Quote from: washefuzzy on September 29, 2009, 01:09:40 AM
I missed getting rice crispy squares Anja.  :'(

Yeah, you guys were suddenly gone. I didn't even see you leave. But you never know. Maybe there'll be RK squares again some day.
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)