Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My new starphyre tank build

Started by winston199, September 07, 2009, 09:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston199

My new tank will be a 2 side starphyre tank 30''x24''x21'' skimmer will be octopus 200 extreme sitting in a 50 gallon sump, return will be a quiet one 3000 and a phosban reactor. Flow for the tank will be 2 MP40W and lighting will be a 24''ATI power module 8 lamp fixture. The stand will be a custom furniture quality stand made from cherry and poplar stained dark brown and some stone. Coral and fish will be selected from my large tank before it is shut down.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Vincenzo.

that will look nice, especially with the stand you'll make.

Hookup

I love the look of that tank... and the 8way ATI Powermodule... lets just say that lighting will never be an issue, other than the cost of trying new and different bulbs...

And I cannot wait to see the stand...  I'm sure it's going to be spectacular!

Why are you shutting down your current system?  Isn't it only a few months old?

10gnano

redbelly

Nice Job, the tank looks great!

The glass rim on the top is called eurobracing and adds a great deal of structural integrity to a tank especially when you don't have that black trim on the top.

10gnano

good to know, that looks awesomr by the way, i would love to do something like that with my in wall unit i will be building, and have some of the tank protrude from the wall

winston199

Quote from: Hookup on September 08, 2009, 09:26:52 AM
I love the look of that tank... and the 8way ATI Powermodule... lets just say that lighting will never be an issue, other than the cost of trying new and different bulbs...

And I cannot wait to see the stand...  I'm sure it's going to be spectacular!

Why are you shutting down your current system?  Isn't it only a few months old?

I need to move the big tank to make room for a wood stove so there wont be a place for the tank anymore.

winston199

here is some more pics of the tank being built.

winston199

here is a sneak peek of the stand ;D

Hookup

I love the use of horizontal lines in the stand design... nicely done!

reefdava16

Is that first picture of the tank upside down looks like a eurobracing not rimless? :S

Who is building the tank?

Tyler.L

yeah im gonna say you wanna build me a tank damn thats gorgeous nice work

winston199

winston199

the frame for the stand is complete and ready for the next step.

the frame is made of kiln dried poplar weather proof glue and 3'' wood screws

salvini55