Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

A rare build.

Started by FocusFin, September 21, 2009, 08:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FocusFin

Quote from: mikerobart on September 21, 2009, 12:23:38 AM
Speaking of insane builds... have you guys been following this guy on RC from thailand.. chingchai ? He has a few splits now in the Large Tank Forum... and this build is absolutely insane... I have never seen so much attention to detail / planning / spending on a reef. I figure it's getting it's not far from 6 figures into this tank and there's not even coral in it yet!

For those of you not familiar with Chingchai's project or don't have the time to read 70 odd pages, a few pictures of what could be one of the most fascinating builds you'll find.

The concept:

[attachment deleted by admin]
110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

FocusFin

The reality:

110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

FocusFin

110g saltwater/reef

FocusFin

The lighting and equipment:

110g saltwater/reef

FocusFin

Refugium and lighting on top, sump on bottom:

110g saltwater/reef

FocusFin

And:

110g saltwater/reef

salvini55

Right after i look through it all, this pops up! lol   Its an amazing sight to say the least

audioslave_36

that is a sick tank !   ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o

Vincenzo.

ching must make good coin, especially being a fruit importer. i wonder what he imports?

mikerobart

Theres a kick xxx youtube video from a few weeks ago of the basic arrangement.. worth checking out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4QI5extXs8&feature=channel_page

smalltownfan

...and I thought my wife was tolerant!

When I watched this video a tune started running through my head...."If I had a million dollars....."
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

QueensU

Quote from: Vince. on September 21, 2009, 10:03:55 PM
ching must make good coin, especially being a fruit importer. i wonder what he imports?

Apples and Oranges Stuffed with Black Tar Heroin. Lol

I don't get what that little space is though? Its like, a Pico-Mansion, in that he has a $100,000 fish tank room, but no bedroom or anything. That would be a pretty cool night light though!

FocusFin

Quote from: QueensU on September 24, 2009, 08:32:04 AM
Apples and Oranges Stuffed with Black Tar Heroin. Lol

I don't get what that little space is though? Its like, a Pico-Mansion, in that he has a $100,000 fish tank room, but no bedroom or anything. That would be a pretty cool night light though!

I think it's a walk down ground level basement. It would show dedication to the hobby if he indeed slept in a closet next to the tank ;)

He does have other rooms apparently:

110g saltwater/reef

twisty

I think this pic is funny, notice there's only one chair.
Poor guy has all that nice stuff... and no one to share it with :)

Vincenzo.

FocusFin

Quote from: twisty on September 24, 2009, 09:19:31 AM

I don't want seem like the guy's publicist ::) but I think this is his girlfriend/wife.

110g saltwater/reef

smalltownfan

Quote from: QueensU on September 24, 2009, 08:32:04 AM

I read the thread on Reef Central. He lives across the street, this is the garage.
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

mikerobart

Update. Inspirational stuff.

latest page:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1692183&page=55
Quote of the day  ;D

Originally Posted by chingchai 
But new tank is just like a new girlfriend. Younger and prettier.

mikerobart

The softie tank is pretty awesome too! Can you imagine the size the sps colonies will be in say 5 years with that much space to grow out ?  :D

Canoe

Quote from: twisty on September 24, 2009, 09:19:31 AM

man cave