Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

power head placement

Started by bongo, September 22, 2009, 01:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bongo

to continue the discussion on the other thread...

the 2 k4s are not place behind any rock... there out there :)

they are placed on each side of the tank and tilted and bit so that they produce a circular patern

the modded mj1200 are placed so that one of their two flow positions would contribute to the circular patern and the other patern create disturbance

Vincenzo.

go down a few threds to hookups, 'flow within a tank'. We discussed all sorts and types. And there are good links too

Hookup

I like what you have described for flow.  Mass water movement and some "chaotic" flow.  If you can get a timmer or three for some of your pumps, you'll get even more chaotic flow.  Turn a few pumps off for a few hours, then back on again  kind of idea.

bongo

yeah I got that covered!

the three modded mj1200 are on a wavemaker thus they turn on and off and the mod makes them go left or right

kind of reminds me of myself when I try to aquascape... this rock left... no right.. no left

Vincenzo.

bongo

90g with a gestimate of 3400 gph

sure the k4's are kinda in view but it's bettter than having my LR covered with... stuff

After reading Hook's thread and links, I was thinking of maybe changing the flow patern from circular to up and down in order to use the gravity

Vincenzo.

is that including gph from returns? Just calculate gph from power heads.

Personally id add more :D

bongo

oups...my mistake

it's more 4200 gph without the return