Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

B-B-B-B-B-BOBBIT WORM!!!!

Started by salvini55, October 01, 2009, 08:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

salvini55

so im feeding some corals silversides and one of the cleaner shrimp grabbed one and took it to his cave... He passed a rock on his way and out from under a rock i see something poke out.. hmm what the h e double hockey stick was that! It came out again, this time long enough for me to see that it was a good size eunicid word.. How the heck am i gonna get this thing out of my tank? without taking rock out... I just dont want it. lend me some wisdom plz!

Vincenzo.

wait till night have long tweezers.

salvini55

ill take a pick when i get him, i hope its a big SOB so i can wear it like a champion title belt!  :D

Vincenzo.

ya, that thing will eat anything. they get massive 8'' +. watch your fingers.

Sharbuckle

salvini55

I captured the worm! Sucker aint no match against a stealthy human.  Drum roll please.........

*Flush*

[attachment deleted by admin]

yellowtang

Crap!!
I think I might have one of those in my tank!!! aswell
seen something quite strange few night ago.....which looked like a
snake......
now you got me thinking ??? ??? ??? ???
120g REEF Upgrading to a 180g soon
38G REEF

salvini55

well the sad part is the head is still in the tank.... I hope something kills it or it dies!

Severum

You gonna use that bowl for cereal again? I assume your GF didn't see you put the worm in there. :)
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

salvini55

mmmmmmmmmm, now that you mention it i could go for a bowl of worm-O's. Ya she did see it, cuz I forgot about it in the kitchen when she was doing dishes... She wasnt too happy about it. I was busy celebrating to "eye of the tiger"... its the thrill of the fight... now its stuck in my head again! lol  :D

lost_at_sea

Quote from: salvini55 on October 19, 2009, 05:48:01 PM
She wasnt too happy about it. I was busy celebrating to "eye of the tiger"... its the thrill of the fight...

"Last known survivors will eat work tonight..."

10gnano

that looks like a giant size (fireworm). I have a pile of em in my tank, i can see them in the substrateagainst the glass, and i can see them crawling around in my tank sometimes. The length of them is about the width of a keyboard key

salvini55

It looks like a brisleworm because the head was ripped off in the process. The only diff in the look of the two is the head. There is still a bobbit head in the tank....  :( There are also brisleworms in there but they are friendly so they are alowed to stay.

blizzack1

Quote from: salvini55 on October 20, 2009, 03:10:52 PM
It looks like a brisleworm because the head was ripped off in the process. The only diff in the look of the two is the head. There is still a bobbit head in the tank....  :( There are also brisleworms in there but they are friendly so they are alowed to stay.

The frequency of these stories (and the terrifying links of even larger worms) has made me question ever starting a salt water tank! :)

salvini55

its worth it! i dont even look at my salvini tank anymore... sad really

Severum

Me and you are probably not the only ones stuck with their freshwater handles while heavily into salt.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef