Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Some weird thing in my tank - ID?

Started by Snider82, October 19, 2009, 07:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snider82

I found this in my tank one night,  it comes out when its pitch black, and with any bit of light is gets back into its hole in the rock.

its the thing just to the left of the middle of the pic.   the head has like spikes off of it... my star fish hides under that rock with it. Hopefully the star fish doesn't kill it.  If anyone knows what it is  please let me know!  :)

salvini55

Vincenzo.

Quote from: Snider82 on October 19, 2009, 07:51:08 PM
I found this in my tank one night,  it comes out when its pitch black, and with any bit of light is gets back into its hole in the rock.

its the thing just to the left of the middle of the pic.   the head has like spikes off of it... my star fish hides under that rock with it. Hopefully the star fish doesn't kill it.  If anyone knows what it is  please let me know!  :)

it's hard to tell. does it retract if you touch it? could be a polyp

Severum

Don't listen to Salvini. He's got bobbit worm on the brain. He even eats them for breakfast.

It looks like an aptasia to me. And yes, I know I spelled it wrong.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

salvini55

but he says its nocturnal.... i thought aptasia were the opposite.... YAR tis true thought, I do love me Worm'os for brekky ;)

Snider82

ill look up Aptasia tonight.   ill try get a better picture if it.     

Quote from: salvini55 on October 20, 2009, 04:27:58 AM
but he says its nocturnal.... i thought aptasia were the opposite.... YAR tis true thought, I do love me Worm'os for brekky ;)
lol  -  at least your gettin your proteins!