Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

90 gallon Re-build

Started by Tsukiyomi-sakura, November 15, 2009, 04:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsukiyomi-sakura

I bought a 90 gallon to house my livestock that is at a friends for the moment and I have a carpenter( My roomie) Building me a stand and canopy for the tank : D
Plans are already pretty much worked out and 3d builds on the computer are done.

Hopefully I retrieve my 150.

salvini55

Whts the status of the 150? havent heard anything. looking forward to the pics!

Tsukiyomi-sakura

I need to go talk to my lawyer but I have no way of getting there in the day :S

Tsukiyomi-sakura

I claim thee the necromanicon thread!

Anyways, the tank is doing good, I may get some pictures up soon, and I fragged my anemone, the two pieces have fully healed and are doing great, all the fish, from the yellow tang to the clowns are doing great, naso got big.

Expect to see more posts from me again as I put my feet back into the hobby :)

washefuzzy

Nice to here you back on here!

QueensU

nissannx

Tsukiyomi-sakura

Thanks guys, and I'll get some pictures up soon as my roomie is home to let me borrow his cannon camera.

Tsukiyomi-sakura

Started on the stand, Half completed it's going to be moving up to the living room.

Fish are all doing fine.

Still on the look out for my 150 and these culprits: Kevin Robert Mordy  and 'jhon gee'

also stolen out of my possession was my table set, 6 chairs solid wood with matching buffet and hutch, tablet is a rectangle (rounded corners) one big white water mark at one end and two drawers underneath at the heads.  Buffet hutch and chairs all have engraved burned flower markings

groan

the fish look great. is that the tank and clowns you got from me?
Great job in bringing them back.

Tsukiyomi-sakura

The clowns yes the tank no? what are you talking about?

groan

sorry, meant to type tang. Oops.

Tsukiyomi-sakura

Stand almost complete looking good, both me and my roomie can jump on it :P ( it can hold 8 times the weight of the filled tank)

Oh I forgot to mention I split the anemone in two pieces, both are doing great I may split one piece into two later on.

Eel is growing well and eating like a little pig as is everyone else.

Plans are under way for after may were looking into building a monster from scratch with a star fire front.

Tsukiyomi-sakura

Thread necromancer! Ooooo!

lawl It's been awhile has it not?

Anyways we recently added a filter sock and phosban reactor filled with carbon and it's doing a great job.

The small pen where one pair of clowns are has some nice macro growing on it, all safe and tucked away from the tangs lol.

Also If I can find a camera fast enough the other pair of clowns laid eggs, I'm 99% sure they are indeed eggs we spent a few hours looking over pictures and looking at them, small semi-clear bubbles with black dots and the clowns are ebing overly paranoid and aggressive. neat but I don't think any fry will survive in my tank.

holachicka

how does one ensure the fry do "make it"?? I would like to add a few fish to my tank (once I upgrade) and a pair of clowns are on my list - TS, what happens to the fry? Do they get eaten or is there some other reason you think they won't make it?

Tsukiyomi-sakura

Quick update they are indeed eggs but every time they hatch they obviously die due to things eating them, they have spawned over 5 times now in about 2 weeks.

Really cool, but I want to get rid of the clown fish so I can get some more docile tank mates.

Oh and I can't clean half my glass because of the female....even with gloves DX

holachicka

oh, ok. Cool. Yah, clowns can be pretty aggresive. I've been niped by one before... Goodluck finding a replacement :)

Tsukiyomi-sakura

traded with whitelightning:

2 clownfish proven spawners
1 bubble tip anemone
1 rock with mushrooms

for

1 medium panther grouper
1 large zebra moray

the eel and panther are doing good but I think the grouper was overly hungry and I saw him eat my cleaner shrimp that just this morning was cleaning the inside of the eels mouth. oh well. lol.