Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS Giant Auction - Volunteers needed

Started by garnpet, January 13, 2010, 03:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garnpet

Giant Auction - Request for Volunteers

Its this time of year again, the annual Giant Auction is just around the corner,  March 7th to be exact.  Each year OVAS Members and Executive work very hard to make this event a success.

We require volunteers for the following areas:

Auctioneers
We are currently looking for a couple more auctioneers.  Ability to speak Latin is always an asset.   ;)

Kitchen Staff
Selling food drinks/snacks - previous fast food experience is not necessary.

Raffle tickets
Someone to sell raffle tickets during the breaks and before the auction starts.

Cashiers
People to help our treasurer handle the money.

Movers/Runners
People to move stuff onto tables and bring them up to the front.  Hand items to auctioneers and general gopher duties.

Setup
The auction registration starts at 10:00 so people involved in the setup should be able to show up around 9:00 to help move tables and chair into place.

Cleanup/Teardown
People are needed at the end of the day to stay for half an hour or so after the Auction to put the tables away, clean the floor and make sure the room is clean and orderly as per Jack Purcell standards

If you wish to volunteer to help please reply to this post.  If you would like a particular job please indicate so and we'll do our best to accommodate you.

Thanks

Peter
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

holachicka

Both me and my 12 yr old will be able to help and my 8 yr old can sit back and munch on Timbits all the while. If anyone that is setting up needs a ride, I have room for 2 and I will be coming from Kanata direction - let me know.

Fishnut

I can float between cashier and running if you need me to.

cichlidicted

rockgarden

As usual, if I am in town, I will be at the auction and will happily assist in the selling of Raffle tickets to anyone with money.

smalltownfan

Same availability as last year; setup, mover, teardown...I don't have the good looks to be an auctioneer and I'd probably eat more than I sell 8-)
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

bitterman

I'll try to help some were I can, but not sure how long I will be around. I'll be dropping off donations and staying for a bit... but can't stay for the whole thing.

Bruce

White Lightning

I would love to help out as an auctioneer but I'm not sure I can pronounce some of those cichlid names. Put me down for whatever.

Blackstitch

I'd like to help as a gopher (mover/runner)

garnpet

Thanks for all the volunteers so far.  We still need more help so please don't be shy...

Not counting the people above, we need:

Cashiers - 2
Auctioneers - 4+
Runners - 4+
Room Setup    - 4+
Kitchen Help - 2

1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

GrahamWebb

garnpet,
I'll be happy to help out where I can...gopher or cashier would be a good fit for me.  I'll put it on my Calendar, just let me know when you want me to show up...I may need some training.  :o
G

freshfishies

My friend (highliner) and I are available for whatever needs to be done.
We are not yet club members (although we soon plan to be!) and are new to the site, however we would love to take the opportunity to help out and get to meet everyone :)

RoxyDog

Thanks everyone. :)  If you don't have something specific you want to do, don't worry we'll find you something!
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

johnrt

I could gofer or cash as long as I still get to bid!!

John T

dee tee

would love to volunteer, selling tickets, cashier or where I can be of help.

Nerine

I still need a few extra volunteers!!! Pm me with your name so I can have a name tag for you!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Severum

Ok well it looks like I'll be replacing holachicka's 12 year old as a volunteer. Maturity level should be on par. Please count me in for set up and bid rigging of my auction items. Errrr... I mean setup. :D

Case in point.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

holachicka

Gee - how nice of you to want to volunteer...I guess now I will have my very own good looking, tall, dark and handsome coffee getter ;)

Nerine

haha looking forward to meeting ya'll!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts