Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

PVC fittings galore, cheap too.

Started by JD, February 12, 2010, 07:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD

For anyone starting a plumbing project, and are willing to travel to Ogdensburg Lowes, you should go to Lowes for all your PVC needs. they have lots of selection and cheap too. In Brockville I bought 4,  1.5", 90 degree, MPT to slip fittings, $60 plus tax. At Lowes I bought two shopping bags full of fittings, $77. Hmmm, I wonder where I will go for almost all of my PVC fittings from now on.

new2salt

JD

I am about to start an upgrade on my 65 no sump to
65 w/ 25g sump  and my son is starting a 75 w/ 30g sump

Just a short drive for me too.

Thanks
Ron

JetJumper

I have also ordered my fittings from Homehardware.  Local store to me has shipments every Thursday, so I just ordered it in and picked it up.  Just get the part numbers off their site, call the local store to you, and they will bring it in for you.
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

Severum

You mean I don't have to take off work early and drive to an inconvient location to get a true union ball valve!!!!

Wait a minute, Ogdensburg is pretty far for those of us not living in Brockville or Oxford Mills. :P
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

SWFitzy

from Kanata, ogdensburg is maybe an hour and a half. Take the wife, ( or husband )  there is also alot of other great shopping to be had there. Kanata is a 30 minute drive from Oxford Mills.....

JD

Quote from: Severum on March 13, 2010, 10:23:32 AM
You mean I don't have to take off work early and drive to an inconvient location to get a true union ball valve!!!!

Wait a minute, Ogdensburg is pretty far for those of us not living in Brockville or Oxford Mills. :P

It's not that far. No farther than me driving to Ottawa.

new2salt

+1 JD

I drive to Ottawa or Gananoque for me to buy fish is a walk in the park.

Don't you just love CITY FOLKS, if its not "Just around the corner" its too far.

Get out of the house, take a drive, get some fresh air, do a little exploring.

Its a big world out there, have some fun. Life is too short.

Just my $0.02

groan

i just got back from lowes on innis oin orleans with a bunch of 1 inch PVC. 1 10 foot tube, 6 t-sections and 8 elbows. $23 taxes in.
WOOT!
going to start some posts for new aquascaping