Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Noisy, Bubbly Marineland C360

Started by Daisy, February 27, 2010, 08:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ordi260

did you asked a refund or exchanged the unit???

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]

Daisy

I asked for a refund - the store refused, and offered me store credit or the opportunity to exchange for a new unit.

Given limited choice, I took the new unit.  If the new unit doesn't work, I will return it YET again, and seek refund.

If refused a refund for the second time, I may use credit for another filter, but then not shop at this store again for any other aquarium needs, in future.

!

Rob Labonte

so....

my 360 that has been running fine for the past month....has now decided to make wooshing sounds every few mins and is louder than normal...

really pissing me off. I shook it around and moved its position. this seems to have "fixed" the problem.

A filter that is left untouched for over 1 month should not just start sucking in air. its less than 2 months old. :(

Daisy

Adam

I've found where the intake tube is attached to the hose can sometimes have a tiny gap and with the extra pressure from the motor will pull in small amounts of air. 

I second the motion, however, that the media has air trapped in it and itwill take some time to be expelled.  Turn off the canister, shake it around, turn it back on.  Repeat every once in awhile. This should help you.

Adam
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

Rob Labonte

eh,

I just think these filters are garbage (they even look like a garbage can).

ive returned mine twice and even got a 3rd motor head free from marineland. I thought this time....im all good. then 2 weeks after being set up it starts making noise every 10 mins. thats not trapped air in media. when you tilt the unit or gently shake it, you get horrible air noises as if its priming. thats not right.

im bringing mine back for the 3rd time and getting store credit and buying an eheim or rena.

this filter looked promising..but its junk.

ciaus

I am rapping my knuckles on my forehead, - knocking on wood - as it type this, but I have had absolutely no issue with my C360.

Ciaus.