Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Giant Auction - Thanks!

Started by garnpet, March 07, 2010, 08:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garnpet

A big thank you to all the volunteers at today's Giant Auction.  Your help made the day go so much better.

Thanks also to everyone who brought items to sell and to everyone who purchased them.  All together we managed to sell around 875 items!

Peter
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

drboeing

This was our 4th year attending the auction, and once again you caused us to bring home another tank! (And quite a few other items too!)  Not sure if we should say thanks or not, but the tank is already holding residents, so I guess thanks is the way to go!  I have to say, every year it gets better in terms of organisation, and I loved the OVAS Cafe, I hope it was profitable for you!

Weve been members for 3 years and have yet to attend a meeting, really must try that, as we meet such great and friendly people at the auctions, and then dont get to see them again till the next year.

Thanks to all who made it such a great and fun day!

Jeff1192

Another great auction. It required a lot of work by quite a few people. Thanks to all of you involved in making it a great day.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

Nerine

a HUGE Thank you to our volunteers, we could not have done it without you!!! It was a pleasure to meet people from the board, I hope to see you all at the meeting!!!!!!!

Thank you to our sponsors, what fantastic raffle prizes! Congratulations to all the winners of these awesome goodies :)
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

new2salt

This was my first time at an OVAS Auction.
See you all at the next and the next and the next......
Had a great time, picked up a couple of good deals, met some really nice people.
Became an OVAS member
RoxyDog, you were right
http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=40684.msg238419#msg238419

Awesome job
Congratulations to all involved

:)

FishBuddy

This is my 5th Giant Auction...  Like every year, I look forward to this event; this year is no exception...  Had a great time and picked up some really nice speciments :) 

Kudos to you Peter and rest of the crew :) :) :) 

[li]72 gal bow: various exotic cichlids
    [/li]

cichlidicted

I have to say this was my first auction ... and it was awesome ... next time thought ill make sure i take the whole day off at work... i regret not staying till the end or buying more livebearers  ;D!!

excellent job by peter and team.

mseguin

Thanks to all the exec and volunteers for making it a smooth day!

Brent Shaver

Considering the amount of items and people, both staff and volunteers did an amazing job.  This was one well oiled machine..

You guys/gals ROCK!!
Thanks for a great day.
Brent
P.S. and finally a full member...lol

bitterman

I was a fun day and I want to tip my hat to all the Exec's and other people that came out to help.

I hope the club faired well and increased it kitty from all the great donations people were so generious to donate.

Bruce

RoxyDog

Thanks everyone for a great day!  Peter, it really is turning into a well oiled machine.  :)

Thank you to our sponsors who donated, our private member donators and to all of the volunteers.  And to everyone else who took the time to spend the day with us.  :D
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

rockgarden

Thanks everyone for buying all of those winning raffle tickets especially those who put both halves in their pockets  :D.

Also thanks to everyone who bought the non-winning tickets  :'( - hope you were luckier getting your prize through the auction process  :).

Posted one shot on my Flickr site this morning.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjhayphotography/4417124908/.  Will try to post a few here in the OVAS gallery later.

As ever, thanks to all the sellers and all the buyers and the runners and the money lenders and the money collectors and the hot dog vendors and the sponsors and the computer guys and of course, those wonderful auctioneers with the gravelly voices.

Ron

PS I ended up with a coffee cup of 10 apple snails. Really must remember not to drink from that cup!

charlie

I have to agree with the others, this years auction was among the best , congrats & a heartfelt thank you to one and all who helped making it possible.

Ron i have set up a Gallery for the Auction
http://ovas.ca/index.php?action=gallery;cat=63

sas

Thank-you everyone! Awesome, awesome job!

Thanks Ron for "all" the great tickets, I think I had a horseshoe in my back pocket :).
Hopefully the club did well financially?
Wish I could have stayed til the end, maybe next year.
Cheers Sue

bitterman

So Sue what all did you win? I know you won a turtle tank..

Bruce

rockgarden

Thanks for setting up the gallery Charlie.  I have uploaded my shots.  Glad you and Pegasus woke up in time for the auction part  :o

bitterman

LOL @ wakup... BTW is was very nice to see Pegasus out... I think it has been 3-4 years since I seen him at a meeting or Auction.

Bruce

fischkopp

We had a good time! Thanks to everyone who helped out and who joined us to make it a great auction!
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

charlie

Quote from: rockgarden on March 08, 2010, 12:27:54 PM
Thanks for setting up the gallery Charlie.  I have uploaded my shots.  Glad you and Pegasus woke up in time for the auction part  :o
;D ;D ;D

crazy 4 fish

This was only my second auction but I noticed a difference from last year. You guys are really becoming pros at this. Auction part went smoothly and quick and even had it's funny moments ... thanks to those great auctioneers. Everyone involved did an amazing job. Thanks to all. Glad I made the trip from Montreal ... especially to see some friendly familiar faces :) I'm planning on going to the auction in Montreal this year and I hope to see some of you there too. Cheryl