Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Intermatic 8 Outlet Power Strip w Digital Timer on sale - $5.00

Started by charlie, March 09, 2010, 09:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Home depot has the Intermatic 8 Outlet Power Strip w Digital Timer on sale for $5.00 ( i saw it at the Bank st location)

[attachment deleted by admin]

magnosis

Wooot !  Thanks for the tip  8)

Anyone tried them before ?  Are they any good ?  Maybe there's a reason they're so cheap ...

NjOyRiD

yeah i have those...

but dont put these on MH lamps..they wont last long hehehee
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

psychwolf

magnosis

charlie

Quote from: magnosis on March 09, 2010, 01:58:36 PM
They are NOT on special at the Kanata store.
South Keys got 5 left & Orleans is reported to have  some
SKU#1000494628 apparently the stores in the Valley have tons, these are discontinued.

HomerJ

Visited the HD on Bank et the one on Baseline... and no luck in both places.  I'd be happy to pay 10$ each (I need 2) if anyone wants to pick extras if they find some.

johnrt

At 4:00 PM ish there were 4 at South Keys, two at Orleans and 59 in Carleton Place.

HomerJ

Where did you see them at south keys?????  I was there today at lunch!  :o!

FishBuddy

And none at HD Barrhaven either...  Been there tonight to buy other stuff and didn't see any...

[li]72 gal bow: various exotic cichlids
    [/li]

charlie

When i saw them yesterday, they were in a bin sitting in front of the Fluorescent tubes, at that time there was still quite a few, at that price i would imagine it has since dwindled.

FishBuddy

Charlie, I was at the tubes area too and found nothing.  I even went to the back in the lighting area; no luck...  They do have a GE version (black) of the same thing; but $30 bucks though :(

I have 4 of these at home currently.  I bought the first 2 at Walmart for $10 each ($15-$5 coupon) last year.  Then a few weeks ago, Sears @ St. Laurent had a last minute sale for $8 each.  I only managed to grab 2 of them before I was nearly stomped on by other eager customers :(

[/li]

charlie

Quote from: charlie on March 10, 2010, 08:00:31 PM
When i saw them yesterday, they were in a bin sitting in front of the Fluorescent tubes, at that time there was still quite a few, at that price i would imagine it has since dwindled.
Sorry i meant the South Keys location, according to the computer inventory ( we all know how accurate those are :D), as of earlier today only 2 stores in Ottawa had any left, that was Orleans & South Keys & as stated earlier the stores in the Valley had quite a few.

HomerJ

I was there today and even asked 2 employees in the Electrical dept. and they both looked at me like I was an idiot... 5$ for a powerstrip... riiiiight...

Good for you if you managed to find them!

charlie

Quote from: HomerJ on March 10, 2010, 08:33:34 PM
I was there today and even asked 2 employees in the Electrical dept. and they both looked at me like I was an idiot... 5$ for a powerstrip... riiiiight...

Good for you if you managed to find them!
The simple thing to do is call the store & give them the SKU#1000494628  , any store will tell you who is showing inventory of it & clearance price.

indoballer

just got my self two of them 5 minutes ago, from HD at the bank street southkeys location. Found it at the light bulb aisle near the flourescent tubes. Oh and there still a few for those who wants them, i beleive 6.

thanks charlie for letting us know

HomerJ

I have finally found them.  There is only one left at the South Keys location.  Thanks everyone for the tips!

JetJumper

I happen to be in the Home Depot in Carleton Place.  the price listed on these were $12.00 in store.  I don't know if they will match the price of the clearance in Ottawa.  Just a heads up for anyone who was going to travel this way (Since I live in the neighborhood)
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

ciaus

Quote from: JetJumper on March 11, 2010, 08:13:18 PM
I happen to be in the Home Depot in Carleton Place.  the price listed on these were $12.00 in store.  I don't know if they will match the price of the clearance in Ottawa.  Just a heads up for anyone who was going to travel this way (Since I live in the neighborhood)

Charlie, I got the last four out of the HD on Innes Rd in Orleans this afternoon.  Clerk in department told me they are being cleared because HD switched to GE products.  He also told me that they were originally price reduced to 12 dollars and then they were reduced to 5 for final clearance.

I did some testing with one of them tonight and I am as confused all to H*__.  Maybe you can help to clairify something for me?

Everyday(7 day events for all)  I set timer 1 on at 7:50pm, and plugged the lamp into socket one on the left.  I set the off time for 1 to be at 7:57pm.
for the second timer I had it set to come on at 8:00pm and off at 8:05 PM.
Results:

7:50pm:  both devices plugged into the bar turned on.
7:57pm:  both lamps go off
8:00pm:  both Lamps on
8:00pm:  both lamps off

How can having multiple timers be of ANY use if they supply power to every device every time?  I am I looking at the use of these devices incorrectly?

FishBuddy

Quote from: ciaus on March 11, 2010, 09:17:45 PM
Charlie, I got the last four out of the HD on Innes Rd in Orleans this afternoon.  Clerk in department told me they are being cleared because HD switched to GE products.  He also told me that they were originally price reduced to 12 dollars and then they were reduced to 5 for final clearance.

I did some testing with one of them tonight and I am as confused all to H*__.  Maybe you can help to clairify something for me?

Everyday(7 day events for all)  I set timer 1 on at 7:50pm, and plugged the lamp into socket one on the left.  I set the off time for 1 to be at 7:57pm.
for the second timer I had it set to come on at 8:00pm and off at 8:05 PM.
Results:

7:50pm:  both devices plugged into the bar turned on.
7:57pm:  both lamps go off
8:00pm:  both Lamps on
8:00pm:  both lamps off

How can having multiple timers be of ANY use if they supply power to every device every time?  I am I looking at the use of these devices incorrectly?

ciaus, let me try to clarify...  The timer powerbar is working the way it is designed...  The timer itself is to control all 4 plugs at the same time...  The so called 'timer 1' or 'timer 2'you are seeing on the display is more like 'schedule 1' and 'schedule 2'.  I think you can have up to 8 or 10 schedules....

[/li]