Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Timer informations (4 outlets????)

Started by ordi260, March 18, 2010, 12:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ordi260

Hello!

I am wonderning if there is any timers that would allow me to control 4 outlets seperately...

Example: 

fans go on at 5:55AM
actinics go on at 6:00AM
daylights go on at 7:00AM
moonlights go on at 6:55PM

Any ideas??

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]

JetJumper

Two options,

Option 1:
Buy multiple timers (Cheapest Option)

Option 2:
Look for something like this
http://www.digitalaquatics.com/saltwater/PC4 (Controller required as well)

I don't know of anything else off the top of my head.
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

bac

you could look into the reefkeeper system ,, rays Carry's them

redbelly

The GHL Profilux II Light would allow you to control 4 outlets as per your description + can shut off your lights if the temp goes to high. This option if preferable for the additional control features that are available on the GHL.

As for the timer option outlined by Jetjumper, crappy tire has some nice digital timers that can be controlled with a remote. These timers are about $25 each and the remote is another $10, so you are looking at a total of about $110 which is just under half the price of the GHL Profilux II Light.
The nice side to this option is obviosuly the remote to control you lighting.
And lets face it, every tank should have a remote to control something :)

ray

ReefKeeper Lite which has a head unit 4 plug controllable power bar and temp probe,also new Firm ware can be downloaded from PC is $117 tax incl.This can also be expanded upon if you wish

Ray

ordi260

Quote from: ray on March 18, 2010, 12:00:13 PM
ReefKeeper Lite which has a head unit 4 plug controllable power bar and temp probe,also new Firm ware can be downloaded from PC is $117 tax incl.This can also be expanded upon if you wish

Ray

117$ is just for the controller or the controller includes the 4 outlet timer?

[li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
[/list]

jimskoi

Here is what they comes with:

1 x Head unit
1 x PC4 (4 outlets)
1 x temperature probe
1 x PC connection

Soeman

There are timers available with 2 separately controlled outlets from Rona ~20$.

They are mentioned in this thread:
http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=43019.msg247438#msg247438

ordi260

[li]
    [li]
[/list]