Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS April meeting

Started by charlie, March 23, 2010, 07:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishBuddy

Many thanks to Charlie for inviting Ken to give a presentation....

It was very entertaining and I didn't know there were so many species of rainbows!  Rainbows growing to 7 inches long?  Wow, never heard of it!

The highlite of the meeting (at least for me!) was when Ken shows us a picture of the threadfin rainbow; aka Iriatherina werneri!  I told bitterman sitting next to me "That's what I have at home!  Same coloration, finnage, etc...."  Now, if I only learn how to breed them :)

To be honest, I was never fond of the rainbows prior to this meeting.  I thought they are just ordinary fish, just like others.  I will definitely pay more attention to this species of fish, especially if I ever want to set up a bigger planted tank...

Kudos to you Charlie!

[li]72 gal bow: various exotic cichlids
    [/li]

charlie

I agree a lot of folks commented on how much different they look @ the rainbow fish now, it just amplifies my belief in this hobby, that if we allow ourselves to be exposed to all aspects of this hobby , how refreshing & rewarding it can be.
The true highlight of the night for me , was to see the interaction of all & sundry at intermission. The various groups of hobbyist just socializing & having a good time while enjoying the social convener`s treats was a great satisfaction to witness, big thank you to all 45+ of you that came out & made that happen.
Regards

Lisachromis

We'd like to thank OVAS for the great camaraderie and hospitality you guys showed us.  It was very nice to meet another great bunch of "fishnuts" who may become bowheads.

I remembered to take pics of the way down and back, but totally forgot to take pics at the meeting. :o

I'd also like to thank the weather for the snow on the way back.... made it an interesting drive for a little while..... :D
Lisachromis

charlie

Quote from: Lisachromis on April 28, 2010, 04:32:31 PM
We'd like to thank OVAS for the great camaraderie and hospitality you guys showed us.  It was very nice to meet another great bunch of "fishnuts" who may become bowheads.

I remembered to take pics of the way down and back, but totally forgot to take pics at the meeting. :o

I'd also like to thank the weather for the snow on the way back.... made it an interesting drive for a little while..... :D
You are very welcome it was our club`s pleasure, see you next month  ;)
Have a peek at these & if you need any i can e mail them to you.
http://ovas.ca/index.php?action=gallery;cat=64
Errol

mseguin

Someday I will get my hands on some M parva, they have been my favorite ever since I first saw them in a magazine a few years ago.