Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

RO / DI question

Started by ordi260, March 25, 2010, 06:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ordi260

Hello.

Just started my reef setup and i am looking for a RO / DI unit...what shoul i be looking for?

Im not looking into buying the top of the line model...i just want something that`s gonna provide me with the 5-10 gallons ill need every week to top off and water chagne my 20g nano reef tank.  75g / day is probably good enough IMO.

What do you think?  How many stages?  And how much is it worth?

I found that...they ship to canada and prices seems fair...what config should i take? Any other suggestions of local or canadian sellers?

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/build-your-own-ro-system.html

Thanks

Al

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]

Rybren

Al,

Check to see if Gatineau uses chloramine to treat the water.  If they do, then I'd go with the 75gpd 5-stage chloramine plus.  If they don't, then go with a regular 4 or 5 stage.
120G Reef

ordi260

What do you guys think about the ''5 stage Aqua-Safe Systems RODI unit ''???

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]