Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Solenoids and Float Switches - Where to find in Ottawa?

Started by KrazieCanuck, March 31, 2010, 03:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KrazieCanuck

Anyone out there have any idea if there are any local supplies of a solenoid switch and float switches?  Just wondering if there is a local resource for these instead of ordering off the internet.  The solenoid switch would be for an RO unit and the float switch used to turn off the solenoid when it reaches a certain level.

Thanks!

mikerobart

A lot of our LFS have them I think. Basically this is for an auto shut off ? Ray, OI, come to mind as places I have seen them in the past.

Brent Shaver

I would think any place that carrries irrigation parts and supplies.  Although used on a smaller scale this is what is used to shut down turbines that pump water to irrigation systems.  I am sure they would work for an aquarium/sump set up.

Possibly Home Depot or along those lines.

mikerobart

Oh yeah they have the Irrigation solenoid at HD, some run off DC power. I once used some in a pneumatic cannon I built as a kid! Hehe good times with that !

Canoe

Quote from: mikerobart on March 31, 2010, 05:20:01 PM
...I once used some in a pneumatic cannon I built as a kid! Hehe good times with that !
Until the neighbours found out who...