Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Stunner LED Strips

Started by gvv, May 06, 2010, 02:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gvv

Does anyone have any comment about this light?
Looks cool, but could not find any info of how many lux they produce and can I really use them on the reef tank.

http://www.ecoxotic.com/stunner-led-strips.html

Regards

Brent Shaver

I wouldnt even be able to begin to know if they are any good for light source.  But I have to say it is a very inexpensive way to highlight your aquascaping.

Doing landscape for years the one thing I did learn is this.

Any garden can be beautiful, but with tasteful lighting it can become simply outstanding.

I am planning a 75 gallon planted setup and I think I will have to look into these, I think the offset coloring with the right positioning will make the tank stand out.  If the right penatration of the actual light beam, they will offer a nice highlight and give a soft glow throughout the tank when the lights are out.  I am sure there effect would be lost in the day light hours just like an outdoor garden.

Thanks for the link
Hope this helps..

QueensU

I think they are meant to supplement another lighting system. A lot of ppl use them with metal halides for supplemental actinic lighting. You would probably need a bunch of them if you were going to light your tank with them.

karjean

It is kind of hard to tell with the little info they supply, you could probably send them an email and ask more info about the one you are looking for. LED's do come in a lot of variety spectrum, i could not commment on this one particular. It would probably look stunning with your reef tank. Try to find out the lumen and Kelvin they produce. Thank you also for the link.

Bob the Nano

Quote from: karjean on May 10, 2010, 06:25:27 AM
It is kind of hard to tell with the little info they supply, you could probably send them an email and ask more info about the one you are looking for. LED's do come in a lot of variety spectrum, i could not commment on this one particular. It would probably look stunning with your reef tank. Try to find out the lumen and Kelvin they produce. Thank you also for the link.

here's a link to a blog where someone tested that par value of the stunner strips....

http://blog.aquanerd.com/2010/02/ecoxotic-stunner-strip-par-numbers.html