Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Full set aquarium purchase

Started by karjean, May 14, 2010, 07:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karjean

Could somebody explain to me when someone prefer to sell a whole aquarium set either fresh or salt water with plant and fish. How you as the buyer is suppose to deal with the new fish if you do not have . The aquarium you just bought has to go thru the cylcle before you do add the fishes. 

salvini55

well its hard to say, the aquarium could go through a cycle. If you keep the filter submerged in water to keep the bacteria alive, the tank prolly wont go through a cycle big enough to kill the fish. you could also have a friend take the fish untill your tank is ready.

Nerine

It's no big deal...I moved 3 tanks a few weeks ago, and couldn't get them set up right away, just kept the filters running on buckets and a good portion of the water and presto, insta tank!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

heater15

same here i combined 2 tanks into one new one last weekend and changed all the substrate just used a mixture of the old water and new water and everything so far is just peachy!!! 8)

kerisb

I usually just leave the gravel and an inch or two of water in the bottom of the tank when I move them. Also just unplug the filter but do not drain it, when you get it home just set it up as is and add water to the yucky water and gravel that is already in the tank.   Mind you most people that help me think it is disgusting cus the water in the bottom of the tank is really gross.   But it has always worked for me!!

karjean

Thank you for all the tips, I always wondered how it was done.