Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Ati powermodule VS sunpower

Started by ordi260, May 19, 2010, 08:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ordi260

Im comparing those 2 fixtures...what do you think about them??? 

Wich one would you take?  Why

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]

groan

i hve the 6 bulb sunpower and LOVE it.
mind you, if i had the money to get the PM i would have. i hear the ventilation is much better with the extra fan(s)

ordi260

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]

JetJumper

Quote from: ordi260 on May 19, 2010, 09:28:00 PM
What about fan noise???

I say mod it and use the water from the tank to cool everything (or heat your tank water ;)
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

JD

I have a 4 x 24w Power Module.
So far, so good. Would be better with more bulbs for more colour blending choices.
The fans can be run at several voltages to vary the cooling. Mine are running at about 60%. I can not hear them at all.

Rybren

I have a 4x48" Sunpower on my 75G.  It puts out a ton of light and the fan is quiet.

It works great for me and I'm very happy with it.
120G Reef

groan

my 6 is quiet. the transformer for the fans is adjustable to allow for faster speed. i have it adjusted to a point where its barely audible.

fishdaddy

i have a 10 bulb power module and will never look back i have seen color and growth like never before i will never go back to mh
i have no noise problem
i love it  that is all i have to say