Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Where can I find ...

Started by magnosis, May 27, 2010, 01:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnosis

I need the following, preferably bought in Gatineau > Hull > Ottawa > online.

- Rigid 3/16" airline, 16" lengths or more (haven't found them at Petsmart as charlie recently suggested)

- Suction cups

- C-clips or other attachment to hold suction cups onto things of 3/16", 3/8", 1", 2", 3" diameters

- Fluval 305 replacement hose, plain/smooth as opposed to rugged like the original, which easily gets clogged
--> oem hose are 11/16" int. diameter, 13/16" ext. diameter
--> I can't find that size anywhere >:( Is this on purpose so that I need to buy the expensive OEM ones ?

- "Viewtainer" clear containers (is this only available through online shops ?)

dan2x38

The 3/16" rigid line is a good question I couldn't find. You could call Canus Plastics here in Ottawa.

Containers are also available at Canus too.

My Fluvals I replaced the ribbed hoses with 1/2" vinyl hose. To get it fit I heated it up in a hot glass of water I had near by when installing it. I used hose clamps to secure. Also to make it easier used plumbers silicone paste. It comes in a small jar for less than $5. It is awesome stuff works for the Fluval leaking issue by rubbing around the rubber O ring in the top of the filter.

Sorry not sure what you mean about the suction cups. Online try MOPS.ca, JLAquatics or Pets & Ponds. They are all Canadian suppliers so easier to get stuff delivered. Many if you order you can organize a group order so large enough the shipping is free.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

charlie

Quote from: magnosis on May 27, 2010, 01:45:57 PM
I need the following, preferably bought in Gatineau > Hull > Ottawa > online.

- Rigid 3/16" airline, 16" lengths or more (haven't found them at Petsmart as charlie recently suggested)
- Suction cups

- C-clips or other attachment to hold suction cups onto things of 3/16", 3/8", 1", 2", 3" diameters

- Fluval 305 replacement hose, plain/smooth as opposed to rugged like the original, which easily gets clogged
--> oem hose are 11/16" int. diameter, 13/16" ext. diameter
--> I can't find that size anywhere >:( Is this on purpose so that I need to buy the expensive OEM ones ?

- "Viewtainer" clear containers (is this only available through online shops ?)

I saw 3 lengths ( 3 ft per) of it @ Petsmart ( Merivale & Hunt Club) last Thursday, i usually get mine from Petsmart on Innis.
You can get small Viewtainers @ the Dollarma on Merrivale ( I would imagine the others might have it too) , but they are only about 4 inches long

jetstream

Canadian Tires carry the "Viewtainer" I think I saw them once at Bell Corners.