New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

What is your all-time favorite or 'dream' fish?

Started by freshfishies, July 05, 2010, 07:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freshfishies

cdylnicki

A giant gourami for FW, or a spotted grouper SW (if only I could afford a gigantic tank!) 

TLe041

Tony

Brent Shaver

Fishnut

fischkopp

be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

ajm1961

I tend to change my "dream" every now and then...
Right now, I'd like to get some Astatotilapia desfontainii because they are a threatened cichlid species from North Africa. Good looking too...

[attachment deleted by admin]
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

bitterman

I dream of having every collection point of c. Gibberosa Zaire's ;)  got to win the lottery first.....

Bruce

clouxles

Mark D.
210 gallon 3 Ornate Bichirs, 1 Dhelezi Bichir, 1 Rope Fish, Black Ghost Knife, Royal Pleco, Fire Eel, Clown Loach, BN Pleco
125 gallon Elephant Nose, Rainbows, Gourami (Pearl - Blue) Plecos (BN & Clown)

Go big or go home... no more MTS for me

Olivia Letemplier

Laura

700 gal pond - Rosy reds

2075turner

discus of course.....original Jack Wattley Blue Turqouise to be exact.  I would love to have some again.....

Daisy

try not to make fun of my newbie answer... :-)  but I love my julii corys :-)

I picked up 2 from the LFS recently that are huge!  they must have been turned in by another owner (perhaps from this club!)

the markings are really beautiful and dramatic... and they are extremely busy, goofy fish :-)

freshfishies

Awesome answers everyone!!  (not like there is a wrong answer)  ;)  lol

Fishnut...did we just become best friends ?! hahaha. I'm a sucker for a sexy arowana  :P

Daisy... alot of us are addicted to corydoras, so don't feel newb about that at all!!   :)

Fischkopp...OBVIOUSLY....haha

Brent...if (or should I say when  ;) ) I get into the sw, I want to get a lion fish as well. There are these crazy orange ones that would be neato :P

Dorrie

My dreamfish?
The water-changing fish! :D

Seriously though, for fresh water I'd love a stingray like the ones at La Niche, and down the salty way (if I ever mustered the courage), I've always been fascinated by the Longnose Hawkfish (Oxycirrhites typus) because it's plaid!

Jay

Fishnut

Quote from: freshfishies on July 06, 2010, 07:09:01 PM
Awesome answers everyone!!  (not like there is a wrong answer)  ;)  lol

Fishnut...did we just become best friends ?! hahaha. I'm a sucker for a sexy arowana  :P

Daisy... alot of us are addicted to corydoras, so don't feel newb about that at all!!   :)

Fischkopp...OBVIOUSLY....haha

Brent...if (or should I say when  ;) ) I get into the sw, I want to get a lion fish as well. There are these crazy orange ones that would be neato :P

:D Yes, I think we did!  I stand looking at the "regular" red ones in the asian fish shops drooling ;D.  I had a silver arowana years ago.  He decided to jump one day, broke the 1/2 glass covering his tank, cut his eye and got an infection that I couldn't cure :(

Anja

Ooooh, I second the green neons (they've been on my list for a looong time) and zebra pleco. But I'm also a big sucker for cories of all kinds. Such fun to watch.
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

dan2x38

Currently SW the Bellus Angel (female). It changes all the time since I love both FW & SW. It is like saying favorate: book, movie or song - it's always changing.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

ottawa_fry22

RED HUMP GEOPHAGUS STEINDACHNERI

I have too many juveniles. lol  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
75 gal planted, t5HO, fine soft sand, powder-form hydroponic fertilizers., 5 viejita apistogramma, 1 Banjo Cat, 1 Rapheal Cat, 3 Emerald Corys, 2 black angels, 1 Bushynose Pleco, 1 molly, 5 SAEs, 2 bolivian ram, 1 kribensis.

20 gal low light sand tank, 4 white cloud mountain minnows.