Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My decesion to walk away

Started by charlie, July 16, 2010, 03:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Dear "Members" of OVAS, i have decided to walk away from the club after reconsidering my decision to seek election as President for the 2010-2011 season.
I have given my fair share of time & dedication to this club & have concluded that my fit with club is no longer a good one, i regret offering up for the Presidency & apologies for not following through but i need to get get back to "ME", i cannot justify any further volunteering of my time  to the club & in so dong neglecting my personal life & hobbies.
To those that have helped me along the way in trying to do good for the club , thank you very much.
Kind Regards

Rybren

Errol,

I'm very sorry to hear this.  I know that you have put a lot of time and energy into the club and had so badly wanted to help it succeed.

You're a good man.  Good luck with whatever the future has in store for you.

Jerry
120G Reef

Brent Shaver

Errol,

I am sorry to hear about your decsion to resign your upcoming and current post within OVAS.  We suffered a great loss and you will be missed for sure.

Good Luck in anything you decide to tackle and stay in touch.
Brent

Jeff1192

Errol,

You helped me greatly when I decided to get back into the hobby a couple of years ago and it was appreciated. You have done great things for this club and it will be weaker without you. That being said, I completely understand the demands of family and personal lives. I would love to help with the club right now but between shift work, 2 kids and coaching soccer, t-ball and hockey there just isn't time.

Hopefully you'll still visit the forum and come to the meetings.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

mseguin

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this club, and the programs in particular. You did a great job bringing in all aspects of the hobby so that all could benefit. Sorry to see you go.

RoxyDog

Quote from: mseguin on July 16, 2010, 10:34:26 AM
Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this club, and the programs in particular. You did a great job bringing in all aspects of the hobby so that all could benefit. Sorry to see you go.

Ditto!   <--- sorry for my lame response but the above states my thoughts exactly.  :)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Fishnut

You're one heck of a dedicated member Errol.  I'm really sad that you're leaving because you bring so much to the table.

dpatte

Hi Errol.

Sorry to see you go. I'm not sure what motivated your decision to leave, but I hope that it may eventually be rectified and you feel you can again be part of the club process soon.
1 210g Asian Community planted fast water tank: balas, tiger & black ruby barbs, red-tail black shark, rainbows, loaches, SAEs, gold CAEs, 1500GPH river flow, plus 1500gph filtration.
1 75g African planted tank: 3 synos (had them since the 90s), yellow labs, kribensis.
1 40g breeder, silicone-divided into two - quarantine and nursery.

Sue

Thank you for all the time and effort you put into the club's programs Errol. You brought in a wonderful assortment of speakers, and lots of great new ideas.
I hope you find time to come out to some club activities in the future when your other commitment's allow.
Sue

Blackstitch

Sorry to hear that you're leaving. Like everyone said, you did bring in wonderful speakers each month. I learned a few different things each month that I could make it out to the meetings. Now if I could only make it out to the breakfasts like I do for the meetings.

sas

Errol you are going to be missed greatly.
Sorry to hear you won't be our president, it would have been a
good year what with your track record.

Thanks for all you've done for the club and always making both myself
and hubby welcome.
Take care of yourself and hopefully we'll see you in the future?
Sue and Rick

White Lightning

Errol,

Good luck with all your future endevours and thank you for the years of commitment to this wonderful club.

freshfishies

Thank you for your patience and answering all my questions with a smile :)

We'll miss you

robt18

You'll be missed Errol... hope to see you around whenever we can still.

Rob

FishPassion

Errol,

I'm not sure of what sparked this decision and you know whats best for "you" my friend. I could really see you making a difference this year for OVAS your years of dedication to the club will never be forgotten..

Take good Care

Klaus
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

charlie

Thanks to everyone for your kind words both here & by PM`s, whatever time & achievements i put into this club was done purely for the benefit of the hobby & club with no personal agendas, gain or fame, it was about truly giving back to a society that supports a hobby i indulge in & a club i believed in .I`m leaving the volunteering side to the club admin and  proud to have been part of a team that achieved some great things for OVAS this 2009-2010 season & i might add with probably the best exec. cooperation in recent times ( AKA- no exec. drama) - thanks to that great team of execs of the 2009-2010 season.I should clarify that my "walking away from the club" is meant as getting away from the volunteering of my time in any administrative form as a member of OVAS, i will always try and support the club with my 20.00 if it`s available at the beginning of each season & will do so without no personal expectation of what the club is doing or can do for me, personal agendas or personal gain, the only caveat will be that OVAS remains a registered and functioning club  & not a stand alone forum.I will still be around lurking. ;).
Thank you all

wish_Fish

applause for all the great work that Errol has dedicated to the club

bitterman

So sorry to see you go Errol. I hope to see you around regardless.

Regards,
    Bruce

Chinaman

CHARLIE,

...read subject with regret.....

Best regards,

Sam

Dorrie

Errol, I'm truly saddened to see you go.

You were always there to have an honest discussion about fish, plants and aquaria, whether at meetings, the breakfast or special events.

You were a wonderful addition to last year's exec and you did an awesome job with speakers.

With this success in mind, I was looking forward to seeing what you would bring to the club this year, but I understand that you have other commitments to attend to.

I'm sure the silent majority of OVAS supports you.

Take care.