Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My biggest tank!

Started by Pink Punisher, July 21, 2010, 07:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan2x38

Instead of welding you can use methylene chloride. It fuses it permanately that is what they use when building things with acrylic. It is very cheap you apply it with a syringe you can buy from pharmacy 10 mil with a large point. It doesn't glue your fingers or other things together. Just need to clamp it or hold in place for a few minutes until it fuses. A 50 mil bottle costs $5 and will do a lot of acrylic!
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

magnosis

Pink Punisher

Quote from: dan2x38 on July 28, 2010, 05:26:38 PM
Instead of welding you can use methylene chloride. It fuses it permanately that is what they use when building things with acrylic. It is very cheap you apply it with a syringe you can buy from pharmacy 10 mil with a large point. It doesn't glue your fingers or other things together. Just need to clamp it or hold in place for a few minutes until it fuses. A 50 mil bottle costs $5 and will do a lot of acrylic!

Weld on #4 is methylene chloride  ;)  I also like to go over my seams with Weld on #16 though just to make sure its 100% sealed. It is a bit more viscous and dries clear like Weld on #4 (methylene chloride) so I find it helps fill any possible air gaps or anything. Plus its not a lot of money to buy the #16, about the same as #4 to my knowledge.

Cheers!

Fishnut

Quote from: magnosis on July 28, 2010, 01:04:15 AM

Tip: Don't try to Google-Image "Gyno Geo".  That was NOT what I was looking for  :o :-[ >:(

:-[LMAO!!!!  Oops!! ;D ;D ;D

Spell check is a a good thing on occasion :)

dan2x38

Quote from: Pink Punisher on July 28, 2010, 09:16:28 PM
Weld on #4 is methylene chloride  ;)  I also like to go over my seams with Weld on #16 though just to make sure its 100% sealed.

Good idea I belief in redundancy... :) When dealing with water can't be to cautious it is a lot of weight and makes a hell of mess if something fails.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Pink Punisher

Hey Dan where did you get your meth?  ;D I of course mean methylene chloride :) I'm trying to find some where that has Weld On seeing as Home Hardware and Home Depot don't.

Spencer

JetJumper

Quote from: Pink Punisher on July 30, 2010, 01:28:06 PM
Hey Dan where did you get your meth?  ;D I of course mean methylene chloride :) I'm trying to find some where that has Weld On seeing as Home Hardware and Home Depot don't.

Spencer

Check out these guys
http://www.canusplastics.com/products.html

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

jimskoi

Give Scott a call at Laird plastics.613 247 9518