Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Fragging a Pagoda

Started by gerryo, July 26, 2010, 04:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerryo

I got a large piece of Pagoda Coral from someone here and now I think it is too large for my tank.  I could put about half of it into my Nano that I'm working on.  :D

Has anyone here ever fragged one of these?  Do you just take a knife and cut it to pieces?  Is there a hard pard that wont cut?  :-\

ray

You sure it is a pagoda,those are a very hard calcium skeleton corals and will require more than a knife to frag if you don't want to damage the tissue.

ray

JetJumper

Diamond Bit Rotary tool will take care of it no problem! :)

Got a dremel with a diamond bit?
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

gerryo

Got a dremel.  No diamond bit.  Where would I get one of those.

JetJumper

Home Depot / Canadian Tire sells them.

They are not that expensive either.
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

Vincenzo.

dont worry, it'll take 5yrs of that thing growing, and it'll have not grown more than 1/4''

Rudall

Quote from: gerryo on July 26, 2010, 04:34:01 PM
I got a large piece of Pagoda Coral from someone here and now I think it is too large for my tank.  I could put about half of it into my Nano that I'm working on.  :D

Has anyone here ever fragged one of these?  Do you just take a knife and cut it to pieces?  Is there a hard pard that wont cut?  :-\

Hi Gerry,  I presume that is the piece you got from me?  I cut it with a diamond blade on a small wet saw that I have.  I have also cut it with a dremel and rotozip bit that you can get at Home Depot.
You would not be able to cut it with a knife.