New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

150 peninsula

Started by salvini55, September 29, 2010, 03:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

salvini55

NjOyRiD

geez you are good with photoshop hahahaha
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

NjOyRiD

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Medym

salvini55

building brick by brick bare hand in the trenches. Siphone tube and scizzors = back pains

Trust me you would know if I used photoshop lol! It would look more like this

Severum

Well at least its not a giant xanthid crab killing a poor innocent Sasquatch.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

salvini55

LMFAO. Poor Poor sasquatch

salvini55

well it looks as though the bryopsis has withstood the kent treatment, bummer. Ive done a bit more research and discovered I have Bryopsis Penata wich according to some others is resistant to the treatment, wish I knew that before dropping ~$100 on Kent products. However I found a couple success storys using hypersalinity and suddenly a light bulb went off! My first tank, a 75 gallon, had the same algae bloom in its infancy. I was a noob then and didnt know the type of algae it was, untill now. I bought a sea hare for that tank and after a couple weeks the algae was %100 gone. I sold that sea hare to a man who e-mailed me the day after he bought it saying "Hey, FYI your salinity is at 1.030" (I use to calibrate my refracto with RODI water) I just put two and two together. It explaines where the bryopsis came from, I use rock from that setup in my current tank, and potentially how to rid the tank of this beast. SO, I have added to my arsenal and went out and picked up new bulbs for my T5, a sea hare, purple sea urchin, foxface rabbit fish (my heart is racing cuz after I put it in my tank, one of his eyes got cloudy and looks like a few ich spots), 10 varrious hermits and 10 trochus snails. The closed loop is now shut down for the sea hare and because last night I lost 2 more longspine cardinals. One to the CL and one got into my sump and sucked into my skimmer ARGH! Im praying that this works as im getting fed up with this vial plague. If this doesnt work its a toss up between starting over or Algae fix ect... Fingers crossed!

salvini55

It pays to take photos! Just combed over the old pics and found one with the Bryopsis. Confirmed same algae.

Old tank

Current tank

HomerJ

Looks like what I have in my tank too... :-(

Let us know how it goes, I hate that green stuff!

salvini55

new strainers for the closed loop! ~1000 holes drilled! Im replacing the 2" caps with 4" end caps drilled with larger holes and more overall. Its funny how a wise $5 DIY can save you hundreds of dollars.

HomerJ

How does the strainer attach to the beer can?

salvini55

I hold the strainer in my right hand and the beer in my left  ;)

salvini55

w00t! 1000'th post is a good one!

I dont want to jump the gun but the hypersalinity seems to have killed off the bryopsis penata and fast i might add. Wish yall could see the smile on my face  :P

az

goooooood, I should prep that straberry shortcake then!
AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

salvini55

Oh yes!!!^^^^^^  :)  :)  :)  :)

salvini55

salvini55

a little closer to salvation!  :)

Cheebs

Now that's what I'm talking about Looks awesome so far!

salvini55

thanks phil I bet the shroom tank is looking pretty good now too!