New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

150 peninsula

Started by salvini55, September 29, 2010, 03:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

salvini55

tank is growing very well, params are stable (thanks GHL) and coraline is taking off like wildfire. I got four new SPS frags to test out the waters, orange monti digita, pokerstar monti, blue acro and purple pocilopora. After a day in the tank the orange digita has shot up 10 or so new branches from its base!!!! something made it crazy happy. Pokerstar is encrusting slightly and the pocilopora is starting to melt down the sides of its plug. I have 4 new eyes on my chalice frag, 40 new zoa polyps and my open brain has almost completly healed over its algea spots and is eating again!!!! sweet. I also picked up a female lepoard wrasse and two dragonface pipefish they are soooooo cool and look spectacular, already picking at copepods and i just got them today. Im a happy dude  ;D

salvini55

couple crummy cell pics for now

salvini55

by the looks of things the pipefish may be a pair! fingers crossed

Severum

Thats sweet. I didn't think pipefish would well with fast swimmers but they sound like they're enjoying themselves in your tank!
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

salvini55

just a quick photo update, im getting some really good growth, fastest ive personally witnesses in my tanks.

Hookup

Some great looking pieces you have...  How about a FTS?

salvini55

what, the first one wasnt good enough?

Severum

OHHHHHHHHHHH those frags are the shiznit! I can tell you've visted Az.

When then grow out I would very much love to swap with ya! ;)
Regards,
Steve Everum

120 gallon reef

salvini55

haha someones gotta keen eye. U must be the B*****d that keeps jaking my gold acro frags  >:( you know im down for tradezies. Im going to want someone to have frags of the corals so that if i lose any during the move i will have a chance to get them back  ;D

salvini55

Hookup

nice!  imagine 300days!!!

RoxyDog

Very nice!  I am experiencing big tank envy... 
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

salvini55

Thanks! Im very proud of this system. I dont have 300 days!!!!!! only 157 untill It gets torn down, so according to my calculations it should be 52 times the size by then LOL

Severum

Quote from: salvini55 on January 08, 2011, 02:12:33 PM
to my calculations it should be 52 times the size by then LOL

If your math is right my blue tang should be the size of a blue whale by now. :)
Regards,
Steve Everum

120 gallon reef

JD

And my lobster ready for boiling water...jk  :o

salvini55

Quote from: Severum on January 08, 2011, 04:17:02 PM
If your math is right my blue tang should be the size of a blue whale by now. :)

too bad you only upgraded to a 125 gallon  :P

Quote from: JD on January 08, 2011, 04:46:58 PM
And my lobster ready for boiling water...jk  :o

ok my bibs on, waiting for the bell

az

love the rockwork, you could use some yellow, maybe a yellow tang or bartlett anthias.
AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

salvini55

how about a massive one foot by one foot wild vivid yellow table acro with pink polyps for 29.99?